Noticing something strange with my TD20S and S2 midi mapping

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Joe
    Participant

Don’t stomp hard on the pedal when learning the Pedal Closed mapping. It can cause the module to trigger one of the bow/edge notes an instant before the Pedal Closed note (and this not only prevents the proper Pedal Closed note from being learned, but also grabs the note it did learn away from where it was supposed to be).  Just lightly bring down your foot and apply pressure.

Best Regards,

Joe

plink
    Participant

Ok, I’ll give that a try.

One other question… What happens if for the hattiptrig and hattrig articulations, if I just manually enter the note, and dont step down on the pedal for the pedal closed parts? (when mapping with your guide) Will this give me some weirdness as well?

thanks

Joe
    Participant

If the “Learning” process, for whatever reason, just isn’t agreeable, then I would recommend you enter all of the notes manually.

In your module (TD-20), you will find a setting page that tells you all of the output notes for the HiHat.  However, they will be an octave off from the values you actually need to input into Superior (octave differences are common between manufacturers as the spec as written had ambiguity.).  I believe the Roland will show you both the scale note value/octave as well as the notes absolute number. (ie: 46).

So, I’d also recommend that you go to the “Settings” panel in SD2.0 and check mark “MIDI Keys as Number” so that you will be able to display the absolute numbers instead of the note octaves.  It is just less prone to error.

Best Regards,

Joe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.