Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

NKS Support

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 9 replies - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • jestermgee
    Participant

Unlikely they will ever add NKS support, it’s just not a big enough market to justify the huge amount of additional time needed to add support.

Jeff Shirkey
    Participant

Unlikely they will ever add NKS support, it’s just not a big enough market to justify the huge amount of additional time needed to add support.

But for all those other companies, it somehow is?? I don’t see how TT is any different than, say, Arturia. If I’m totally off base, let me know.

jestermgee
    Participant

Well, some companies jumped on-board at the very beginning (like Arturia) prob because they were well sold on the idea. I ahve been developing NKS support for close to 10 years now for hundreds of products and know the work involved, which is nothing compared to the additional steps required to have NI approve everything too. I have spoken with countless developers (even TT diirectly) and NKS has taken on officially hardly any developers. I persoinally have more unofficial support for NKS than there is official support, including NIs own instruments.

So, of course any dev could add it but for it to be proper integration TT need to add code into their plugins directly and then take on updating and supporting NKS libraries for such a small userbase asking for it.

I could develop NKS support (without lightguide) but the cost of all the expansions is too prohibitive for me to invest in for the same reason, I only own EZD and a few kits and TT have basically expressed their “thanks but no thanks” when I have inquired about developing NKS support. We can still dream but NKS has been out for close to 10 years and they wont even comment on it in their forums, seems it’s not something they value.

Jeff Shirkey
    Participant

Okay, well, that pretty much settles it then. This guy was able to provide some kind of NKS support for MODO Bass. Would doing something like this be possible for TT products?

jestermgee
    Participant

I provide NKS support for MANY instruments here:

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks

As mentioned I ahve EZD and it’s completely possible to make NKS (without lightguide) however for EZD and SD it’s not all that “useful” because if you use Masdchine these do not integrate as “kits” they use the note mode and in KK you use a keyboard.

Personally I use Push for sequencing drums so have custom drum racks I created for these. I also use to offer browsing libraries for Push but stopped since I use Komplete Kontrol now for browsing instruments but I get asked a LOT for it and now with Push 3 being released I may look into creating some new libraries for Push again and if the demand is there I may even look at investing in more of the TT kits and such, just wish they weren’t so expensive.

For comparison, I have done NKS for XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2
    https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/item/296-xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-nks-library-for-komplete-kontrol-maschine

Feedback has been good with this one and works well, basically the same as Toon Tracks but I had support from the dev allowing me to develop that one so I suggest to new users wanting nice acoustic kits with NKs support to consider that as an option instead. Maybe one day I will look into TT again but it’s just so expensive when I ahve no actual need for it other than to make NKS.

Jeff Shirkey
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll check out all the stuff you mentioned above.

Is there a way to reach you other than this forum? Since you mentioned Push (3), I wanted to ask you a couple questions about Push vs. Maschine for my particular setup and needs.

jestermgee
    Participant

Yeah, on the website I linked there is a contact form or just question over on the NI forum where I am there also, discussing the new P3 currently with others
    https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/13387/maschine-plus-upgrades-ableton-push-3-released/p3

Jeff Shirkey
    Participant

Message sent. Thank you!

Frank Zappa 13
    Participant

Something so obviously useful and needed in the industry and getting it implemented is like trying to herd cats. Makes you wonder how the industry ever agreed upon the MIDI protocol in the first place.

Viewing 9 replies - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.