NKS Support

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Bezo winZ
    Participant

I need to visit this section more often. Another vote from me.

SD3 v3.3.6, EZbass v1.1.7, EZkeys v1.3.4
    Studio One v5.5.2, Cubase v12.0.60
    3.6GHz Intel i9 iMac, 64GB RAM, OS 12.6.1

jestermgee
    Participant

Jason from freelancesoundlabs.com here, just made aware of this thread.

I would like to state that I am more than happy to tackle adding NKS for these, wouldn’t be too hard, but I only own EZDrummer and a few kits, for my personal needs Superior Drummer is a bit overkill and cost prohibitive for me to invest in purely for adding NKS support but would be more than happy if the developers would like to contact me and arrange maybe an NFR copy which I could then process. I do get asked for SD, EZKeys and EZBass often but simply cannot afford to invest myself.

Keep in mind tho there would be no lightguide data as that is a requirement to be directly coded into the plugin, cannot be handled by NKS presets but mapping and preset management all possible.

Craig Hlady
    Participant

+ 1 for adding NKS support

SERichmond
    Participant

Good afternoon?

just wondering if there is any further movement on the implementation of NKS support for Toontrack products?

My workflow is now entirely via NKS within Maschine.

as a result I’m no longer using Superior Drummer (and by default all the expansions I’ve invested in).

If it is felt that NKS support is not/will not be part of Toontrack’s business plan, I may look to transfer my existing licences to a new buyer, though I’d like to avoid doing so as I love the TT Ecosystem.

Many thanks.

Frank Zappa 13
    Participant

If you  read this thread you’ll see where I tried to put Jason together with the fine folks that run this operation. They did respond to my attempt and said they would send the offer up the chain of command. Silence ensued. One would have to assume that there is no interest in this proposal for some reason that goes unstated to this point. Being an NI owner this is a subject near and dear to my heart. I am not a tech type but I can tell you that the only explanation I have received concerning the somewhat less than total industry wide embracing of the NKS protocol is that it is not a true two way communication but a one way  affair. Not saying you should sell SD 3 which I own as well. That said, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Toontrack to allow Jason to do his thing for them.

Pete_91
    Participant

Another shout out here for NKS compatibility. Love toontrack products but NKS would add great value to the experience.

Nicholas
    Participant

I have a great many TT products and quite a few NKS libs from Jason.  Wish TT would work with Jason – this would be a win-win.

Lmitchell1
    Participant

+1

jestermgee
    Participant

I did reach out but no reply which is sometimes the case. I’ve been asked a number of times but crunching numbers, the process would be too expensive for me to invest in all the content myself, I only have EZDrummer and a few kits with no real need personally for anything more. Would be more than willing to look at adding NKS if someone were to get back to me but unless this occurs or they add official NKS then unlikely it will be added at all.

Frank Zappa 13
    Participant

Perhaps you could pre-sell an NKS template for Superior Drummer 3 and when you get enough pre orders you could purchase the software and make the template. I for one would  be willing to make the  investment and between this site and the Native Instruments forum you could  drum up enough interest to get it done. Who knows, might be a new  business model.

Thanked by: ea350
    Kesser Lima
    Participant

+ 1 for adding NKS support

rtorresjavier
    Participant

NKS support, please.

goedy
    Participant

The thread is now two years old. I think Toontrack just doesn’t want to… For me that means away from Toontrack – towards Native Instruments.

jestermgee
    Participant

Perhaps you could pre-sell an NKS template for Superior Drummer 3 and when you get enough pre orders you could purchase the software and make the template. I for one would  be willing to make the  investment and between this site and the Native Instruments forum you could  drum up enough interest to get it done. Who knows, might be a new  business model.

Yeah I have considered this in the past but it’s a tough call. For a start, it’s hard to manage because I probably don’t charge enough to realistically make my money back in some cases. Just for example, SD3 with 2 expansions in AUD (where we have a pretty bad exchange at the moment) is a rather hefty $815 and if you consider for the amount I get per NKS library is just $12 that would require a minimum of 68 people to simply break even. Now maybe 4 years ago this could have been possible but currently, the number of people I have purchasing libraries is way down and I doubt I would get that many people even in a 6 month period. So then the issue would be refunding all those that invested if I am not able to get the numbers. the next thing is time, I need a lot of time to figure it out, if it is even possible.

I did experiment with EZDrummer and that works ok, keep in mind no way to change kit pieces from the keyboard tho, but now EZD4 is out and I am not updating so based on the lack of any reply from TT it is unlikely I will be adding NKS to their products so if it’s something you guys need in a product, maybe check out XLN Audio which have kindly worked with me to make both XO and Addictive Drums 2 NKS accessible and it has really helped out the visually impaired community get into drums

• This post was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jestermgee.
    Frank Zappa 13
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up on the XLN product.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.