Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

New TMC-6/EZdrummer hihat questions

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Rogue

Hi – as an intro I must point out that EZdrummer is not edrum optimized and with a ddrum I doubt you will get the hihat to respond in any useful fashion. So I’ll assume that your HH is plugged in the TMC6 instead. You will also need to use Toontrack solo to trigger the sounds and choose the ‘edrum’ option in the Controller menu.

1) the default should be fine as far as you use the module entry labelled ‘Trigger 5’ and the ‘Memory 1’ factory program. If the TMC6 is not triggering the right stuff try to assign manually as follows:

HATS TIP CLOSED 42
    HATS TIP OPEN 46
    HATS EDGE CLOSED 22
    HATS EDGE OPEN 26

well I haven’t got a TMC-6 at hand but I believe you should have access to enough notes on that pad. Anyway you’ll have to look up the correspondence table for your module but I believe note C1=36.

2) Xtalk will be dependent on your setup, especially what frame you are using so it’s not really something anyone can advise you on. The rest I’m not qualified to advise on either.

3) yes, as above use solo and select the ‘edrum’ preset. You can use any other hosts but then the CC data will take no part in the triggering and in fact could even degrade the rendering.

Note that the FD-8 is as non linear as it can be so if you are serious about edrums I would strongly recommend a better foot controller or of course upgrading to Superior 2 when it comes out as this will be edrum oriented to a much greater extend than EZdrummer is and you should in fact be able to correct the response from an FD-8 (or at least make it a lot better).

Best Regards,
    RM

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Jason Runyon
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue

Hi – as an intro I must point out that EZdrummer is not edrum optimized and with a ddrum I doubt you will get the hihat to respond in any useful fashion. So I’ll assume that your HH is plugged in the TMC6 instead. You will also need to use Toontrack solo to trigger the sounds and choose the ‘edrum’ option in the Controller menu.

1) the default should be fine as far as you use the module entry labelled ‘Trigger 5’ and the ‘Memory 1’ factory program. If the TMC6 is not triggering the right stuff try to assign manually as follows:

HATS TIP CLOSED 42
    HATS TIP OPEN 46
    HATS EDGE CLOSED 22
    HATS EDGE OPEN 26

well I haven’t got a TMC-6 at hand but I believe you should have access to enough notes on that pad. Anyway you’ll have to look up the correspondence table for your module but I believe note C1=36.

2) Xtalk will be dependent on your setup, especially what frame you are using so it’s not really something anyone can advise you on. The rest I’m not qualified to advise on either.

3) yes, as above use solo and select the ‘edrum’ preset. You can use any other hosts but then the CC data will take no part in the triggering and in fact could even degrade the rendering.

Note that the FD-8 is as non linear as it can be so if you are serious about edrums I would strongly recommend a better foot controller or of course upgrading to Superior 2 when it comes out as this will be edrum oriented to a much greater extend than EZdrummer is and you should in fact be able to correct the response from an FD-8 (or at least make it a lot better).

Best Regards,
    RM

Hi Rogue, 

Thanks for the Reply.  I managed to get most of this figured out since I posted.  I do have the hihats connected to the TMC-6 now, and they work much more fluid than when they were connected to the Ddrum module, thought that did work for at least open and closed but no dual zone functionality.

1) I got the hats working great, though I think that I changed the open sound to 60 for full open and maybe one of the others, too.  I can’t remember off the top of my head…but it is working.

2) Got all the Xtalk and setting dialed in, no problems.

3)  I have been using pro tools (with no problems other than the 128 buffer) as my host, since Solo will only let you select 1 midi source at a time, and with the Ddrum and TMC6 there is no way to run one of them thru the other.  Right now the Ddrum is going to my M-Audio fw410 and the TMC6 is being passed thru my Axiom controller.  It would be fantastic if Solo simply had a midi “ALL” option…..

Yeah, I am not that happy with the FD-8, and I do plan on getting Superior 2.0 when it comes out, so maybe it will be more usable then.  Eventually I will upgrade, but since I just got the TMC6 it’ll have to wait.

Thanks, J

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.