Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

New Teaser ?

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 12 replies - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Martin

No price information available just yet.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Alan Young
    Participant

It looks like a form of ‘Garage Band’ which can incorporate SD2. I hope not though.

I’ll wait and see, and hopefully it will be something useful for someone.

Andreas : ” Don´t let the cover fool ya. Beatstation is serious indeed.”

I’ve yet to see any developer say ” Here’s our new product…….it’s cr@p”

OSX Lion 10.7.1, Intel 2.4Ghz Intel i5 Macbook Pro 4G DDR ram 1067. Logic Pro 9.1

Andreas
    Participant

True, but if the seriousness of the product needs to be emphasized
    it is my job to do so.

Tom
    Participant

To me it looks like a toy thing. The video showed me nothing I could use. My music arrangers, Kontakt, Superior 2 as is with other instruments in Cubase will do a better job. So is something hidden not yet revealed that will surprise me? Otherwise I will just pass on this one.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Alan Young

I’ve yet to see any developer say ” Here’s our new product…….it’s cr@p”

A product can still be ‘serious’ and not suit your needs.
    For example, I have no use for Garageband, it doesn’t make it a toy or cr@p. Same goes for Reason. Actually Ableton isn’t the right DAW for me either.

So, let’s see what Beatstation is (I have no idea myself), then decide whether it offers us anything…… without pronouncing it cr@p.

Alan Young
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

ORIGINAL: Alan Young

I’ve yet to see any developer say ” Here’s our new product…….it’s cr@p

A product can still be ‘serious’ and not suit your needs.
    For example, I have no use for Garageband, it doesn’t make it a toy or cr@p. Same goes for Reason. Actually Ableton isn’t the right DAW for me either.

So, let’s see what Beatstation is (I have no idea myself), then decide whether it offers us anything…… without pronouncing it cr@p.

That was a quote not aimed directly at Toontrack but at developers in general, i just thought it funny. I never said the product was cr@p, end of, how could i? there isn’t a product to judge.
    Regardless, If Toontrack doesn’t want people making assumptions or comments, don’t send out half cocked emails and thread starters proclaiming ‘I know something you don’t know’. I know they are trying to drum up enthusiasm for a new product, but i’m not a teenage Westlife fan who is going to camp outside the shop door on the first day of an album release, and buy it because it is Westlife. I will buy things i need, and no matter how it is promoted as a must have, i will judge it myself first, and no marketing or publicity will sway me one way or another.
    Take EZX Electronic, the videos were up for a while before release, i bought it almost straight away because it was something i would and do use. Let the product do the talking.

So yes, let’s see what Beatstation is, if i need it or will use it i buy it, if i don’t i don’t. I just hope this drip, drip, drip marketing doesn’t backfire on Toontrack and people lose interest, as i really admire the company and products. However, people will make assumptions well before it is fully released, i am afraid they might get impatient (not me i may add). Yep, i hold Toontrack in very high esteem, Heck!! i got you 2 sales since i bought SD2 to friends, and i only had it a few months, because ‘I had something to show them’.
    Anyway good luck with it.

OSX Lion 10.7.1, Intel 2.4Ghz Intel i5 Macbook Pro 4G DDR ram 1067. Logic Pro 9.1

Mark Farrell
    Participant

Well toontrack hasn’t let me down yet, I’m sure I’ll get some use out of it. I’ll admit it’s not what I expected, but I’m confident I could see myself effortlessly combining different toontrack snares etc aka Steven slate, to create my custom snare etc. bring it on!

edmac
    Participant

Hi Andreas

I’ve just heard about Beatstation after being way from forums for a while due to having my life hijacked by running my own business.

I really like the idea of Beatstation and would be very keen to be involved in any dialogue or beta testing on this product if that’s possible.

I love EZ DRummer, Superior (in fact all of your products) but the type of music I want to do is composition using drum sounds that are synthetic rather than seeking to emulate a real kit.I still want play rather off a farly involved edrum set up rather than use loops or programming.

My hope is to find an alternative to the usual NI Battery or Kontakt route in favour of something geared to edrummers so it has the same easy to use interface as EZ Drummer/Superior. Beatstation looks just perfect for me.

I love the idea of being able to layer sounds as I’ve seen on the youtube demo.

My set up is a TD20 with Alesis Control Pad (for effects sounds) and also a Mandala drum which I’ve just bought and am experimenting with.

I wondered if you had any thoughts on the Mandala and Beatstation as it’s large number of zones makes it somewhat more than the usual 2 zone edrum and offers the potential of something like the Korg Wavedrum as far as performance. I’ve not had time to get deep in about the Mandala software yet which is pretty basic compared with your great products.  Frankly I’d rather use the Mandala with Beatstation as it can just be used as a USB controller quite separate from the software that comes with it. My end game plan is to create a hybrid kit with Mandala pads for snare and toms (possibly even hihat) which I know is a weird thing to do but like I say traditional acoustic kits are not what I’m after and I certainly don’t want to programme drums or use midi loops.

Another area I’ve been actively chipping away at on forums is to try and get someone interested in a synthesis/modelled set of sounds for drums, again to take the sound pallet towards electronica and away from acoustic emulations. To this end I’ve been actively involved on the Image Line beta forum for Drummaxx which has some great sounds and the potential to make a huge range of custom user sounds.

Unfortunately there seems to be nothing synthesis based out there geared to edrums whcih I know is understandable as it is a pretty leftfield request.  I wondered of you had any thoughts on Beatstation or something like this being able to offer sythnesis/modelled sounds in addition to samples/rex/midi loops.

Finally, and sorry for all the questions, can I check if Beatstation handles multisamples/velocity layering or not.

By the way I find it depressing the number of posts on forums with people bleating on about the colour of the product – who cares at this stage.  It’s what it does that interests me and besides the skins you plan for it make this totally irrelevant anyway.

Andreas
    Participant

Hi all,

New releases, regardless of the way they are made, will be met with a mix of
    sceptisicm and enthusiasm. Quite natural. We welcome all feedback.

In the coming weeks we will release information on a regular basis that will
    detail the functionality of Beastation.

I think that this information, in the shape of motion pieces at http://www.beatstation.com,
    will clarify the many possibilities of Beatstation and its extreme ease of use in
    relation to those possibilities that will hopefully turn the skeptics.

New motion pieces will be released up until mid-may when we release the
    new complete Beatstation website so stay tuned.

edmac, please send me a private message and I will pass you on
    to the relevant person to test Beatstation. We have designed Beatstation
    to live well with song and track writers, producers and drummers and
    want all views on the product.

polyslax
    Participant

Andreas – I know you’re not ready to divulge pricing, but can you at least state whether there will be an up/crossgrade path from your existing products?

Mac Pro OSX 10.6 Live 7 Logic 9 A&H Zed R16

Markus Jenderek
    Participant

ORIGINAL: evilaci

ORIGINAL: Andreas

Tonal and Percussive
    Open Surface
    New Generation
    Virtual Instrument

That´s all I´m gonna give you for now…

I just have read your Looking ahead!!!

To bring it all home, what if we loaded up all our gear, some top notch drummers, artists and producers and then rolled into your neighborhood to hang out for a week with you & your friends and talk, teach & entertain you all on and with our products? Oh yeah – what if it was free and with no strings attached?

Come to me in my little fresh Homerecording Studio to Germany Franconia! We have the best beer in the world! REALLY! Are you on the Music Fair in FFM this year. It would be a pleasure to me to prove it and bring some refreshing appetizers to your booth!!!
    You are invited!!

Well.

I was packaged with 3 bottles of best beer and special sausages….. I mean it was heavy with the time but he hardest thing was not to drink and eat it by myself instead of all that cheap and over-expensive Messe food.

But there was no Toontrack or Distributer whatever…. and my shoulders are destroyed.

You are NOT invited any more!

Skal

Bill
    Participant

hmmmm could it be a new video on Beatstation?

Bill Terrill - Toontrack

Viewing 12 replies - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.