New Song semidjentdeathsomethin / (contains Superior MF/AxeFX/BKP)

User demos
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott
    Participant

I dig it.
    Your playing is good. The tone is good.
    I dig the kit sound that your using.
    I also really like the special effects you used during the breaks, etc (speed up, slow down, (maybe) reverse?).
    The mix might be a little loud – but that’s just my taste.
    It sounds good – I’m just one of those nerds who says “let the listener use the volume knob.”
    Again – just my taste.
    You did a good job.
    I plan on DLing that patch for my AxeFX Ultra, too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Take care

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hi Scott,

Sorry to play devils advocate but…

Out of interest, what constitutes a mix which is borderline too loud?

How are you judging the volume, and what’s negative about it in your opinion?

@ Monsterhulk, there’s some really cool riffs and song structures going on there, it’s a touch muddy. I think the guitars (or maybe the mix) could do with some refinement and perhaps a bit more of a stereo image to the mix, also are you using dbglitch for those effects by any chance?

If you are, i’d thoroughly recommend Izotope stutter, it saved us a lot of headache in the long run as you can use a midi input to control the changes.

Kind regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Actually sorry slight amendment, it seems that the stereo imaging seems to be hidden a bit more in the high freq ranges, when those are accentuated the mix opens up more.

Kind regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

That’s a real shame, that was a valid series of posts and it was just deleted…

Thanks for censorship??

Kind regards

D.

Dirk Möbius
    Participant

Hi guyz

and thx for those realy qualified posts and this discussion you started with my post …

it is a realy shame to see that this was deleted … neither me was insulted nor i had a thing to complain about your discussion

i am not a supporter of the loudness war but of course i have tried to get a good balanced level of loudness out of that mix …

i think nowadays everyone is tryin to get a big amount of loudness but i am sure i was beyond clippin … it was interesting to see
    the mix as a wave cause i always try to analyze by ear and not by eye … but i realy appreciate the effort of scott doing the wavegraph
    and i was also realy curious bout the progress of the discussion you both had

why was it censored away ?? did it harm to anyone ??

i d realy like to see more of this kinds of comments and discussions cause everyone benefits from this i think

so please … do not censor threads if the are valuable

Greatz M

http://www.soundclick.com/restzeit http://www.myspace.com/restzeit

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hi Monsterhulk,

I genuinely don’t want to sound snidey towards scott or toontrack that’s not my aim, but I do appreciate you chipping in, I was beginning to think I was going a tad crazier than normal hehe.

The OP has spoken?

Kind regards

D.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.