New Song called “Down the Road”

User demos
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CHRIS
    Participant

notstewart,
    Thank you for reviewing my music! I have a tune named “Down the Avenue”. Anyway: “Down the Road”: this mix does not suck at all! Audio quality is very good! Guitar playing & riffs sound very good also. Singing & vocal melodies are excellent! All of the layered vocal tracks help a lot, I’m sure. Very nice song! Since you listened to more than one song of mine I will review: “Pull the Trigger on It”: I don’t like it quite as much (overall) as the previous song, though it is still quite good. I do like the guitars a lot: playing, audio quality/tone, and riffs. Vocals & vocal melodies are good. Drums are working well. Another very good mix in my opinion. Another nice tune! 🙂

Since you are good at reviewing first, I invite you here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Most likely you will get more reviews than here if you’re good about reviewing others first (especially the C4C threads: critique for critique), though it may take a while to build a good reputation about returning the favor, as a lot of people flake out.

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark

Cubase 10.5, iMac OSX 10.15.7, memory 8GB, Steinberg UR22 mkII interface

notstewart
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and review my songs!! I’m always surprised when someone says something complimentary about them, especially the vocals. That is why I layer them (not copied tracks), time consuming yes, but I don’t feel the cringe effect as much when the vocals are doubled (4 layers in “down the road”, plus 2 harmony). I’m a big fan of the song writing part, but not so much when it comes to singing and mixing. I gave up on trying to master.
    Also, thanks for the website link and tips for that site, I’ll check it out.
    When I get a chance, I’ll check out your song “Down the Avenue”.

thanks again,

Paul

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

CHRIS
    Participant

notstewart,
    After giving me such a kind review of my tune “Down the Avenue”, I figure I should review “Forever and a Day” (by the way I have a song called “Forever Today”). Yes, I have found layering vocals often improves things, and I’m sure it helped your tune: vocals are pleasant. In your tune, I found a certain amount of good humor (and truth) with the lyrics (I’m assuming that was intentional). Guitar riffs and piano are nice. My wife drives a minivan. A likable tune. I hate those Wall Street “corrections”. What is correct about losing money in the stock market? Makes it sound better I suppose. Or good if you want to buy stock cheaper.

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark

Cubase 10.5, iMac OSX 10.15.7, memory 8GB, Steinberg UR22 mkII interface

notstewart
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    You didn’t have to do that but thanks!
    Yeah, the song is not suppose to be taken too seriously, just basically a timeline from high school, going through the various stages the average person goes through, ending with retirement only to be hit with a market crash (this actually happened to my girlfriend’s father and his mutual funds took a big hit). I think it’s the first time I used the guitar on the 2nd and 4th beat (for verses) and 4/4 for the chorus. I used the piano as a bass line in the verses (which I kind of liked how it turned out). I only know how to chord on the piano, but try to play around a bit with my left hand.

Thanks again for doing this!!

Paul

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.