Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

New Original w SD2 NY Avatar & Metal Machine

User demos
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Matthew Kudirka
    Participant

sounds good man. This tune will go over on most college campuses I bet. good luck to you.

Were these drums programmed or did someone play them with a eKit? I just got into using SD2(as a drummer using an eKit) and trying to get an idea of what programmed vs played sounds like.

andrushkiwt
    Participant

@Blackstone said:

sounds good man. This tune will go over on most college campuses I bet. good luck to you.

hey thanks, that means a lot to me. i appreciate it.

Were these drums programmed or did someone play them with a eKit? I just got into using SD2(as a drummer using an eKit) and trying to get an idea of what programmed vs played sounds like.

these were programmed in SD2. I am not a drummer but I do write the drum parts in my head for my originals. I spend more time worrying about the specific hits and fills, but I am starting to think more about the sound of the drums as well. Typically, I start with an idea I have for a section, like the verse, and I try to find the closest thing possible in the “groove” area. Once I find what I’m looking for, I drag and drop that groove into my DAW. From there, I manipulate the major components of that groove, like kick hit placement and snare hits, until I get it to how it originally sounded in my head. It would probably take me way too long to note every single hi hat hit, with varying “feel” and intensity levels, so that’s where choosing a close-sounding groove comes in. Same thing for the fills.

Thanks for listening, I really appreciate it, and I’m glad you liked the track!

https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Aliraza9
    Participant

Hi all,
    Some new tunes Ive been working on have a listen :)????

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.