New Metal song without Lyric

User demos
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mhamilton21086
    Participant

No one wants to comment????? I thought I did a great job with this song. I didn’t even master it lol.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hi buddy,

I would say actually you did a pretty good job, you mentioned it’s not mastered (this mix could do with more top-end/air and definitely some more perceived bass) but even with that in place I think the drums need to come forward in the mix, try side chaining the guitars off the kick a little bit so they can both fight for a bit of the bottom end of the mix but ultimately the drums should be controlling that area, run a high pass on the guitars and bring the drums up in volume, or, if you’re happy with the drum sound then you could try subtractive EQ’ing to match the guitars down to the drums.

One a side note, if I can be so bold but about the performance from the guitarist, it DOES sound good, no mistaking and it’s all sounding like it’s in the right direction, but for goodness sake get the guitarist to really play those picked harmonics and put some attitude vibrato on them 🙂

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

ajxtjs
    Participant

Very tight playing and some decent riffs there – good job with the guitar. I like the guitar sound too, sounds fat and gainy but not too fizzy.

The drums sound really overcompressed to me though – I think you just wanted them to punch through the mix, but the punch itself is all that’s coming through. So for example the snare sounds like a really short drum machine sample rather than an actual drum. I’d experiment with your drum compression settings to let more of the natural kit sound come through – try (much) longer attack settings for a start. The guitars could come down quite a lot in the mix without losing their prominence and I agree that some more bass would be good.

But anyway that’s a decent attempt – keep practising!

https://brownstratos.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/westonsupermaim

mhamilton21086
    Participant

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the tips. Honestly, I really have no idea how to mix and master. These were all unaltered hard copy’s. There is no EQ in any of the tracks. I think if I knew how to mix and master, this song would sound a thousand times better. All the riffs, bass, drums, solo’s, and licks were all done/programmed by me. It feels like one could spend years trying to figure this crap out to no avail. Can anyone tell me how they mix/master in cubase?

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+mix+and+master+in+cubase&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

With all due respect you know that’s an immense question to ask, especially with throw away comments such as “crap” 🙂

“Ahhh….” EZmix…

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.