New Guy – Thinking About EZdrummer

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jason Runyon
    Participant

Not much to say, other than you are right.  This is the way of recording for many with electronic drumsets or song writers who program.  That said, since you are an e-drummer, I would get Superior 2.0 even though it costs more.  It is designed to be used with edrums so it has a lot of features that EZD does not. 

J

Eric Shults
    Participant

Can you explain the main differences between Superior 2.0 and EZ? Being and edrummer on a budget I don’t want to spend the extra money if I don’t have to.

And is Superior 2.0 easy to use?
    Thanks.

Jason Runyon
    Participant

Well, let me try to do this like a list:

1) Superior comes with more pieces, more options
    2) Superior has midi learn functionality so you don’t have to change settings in your module
    3) Pitch adjustment – This was a big one for me.
    4) Superior has velocity and other settings that allow you to really dial in how pads perform
    5) Superior has X-drums that will allow you to add other pieces, even using individual drums from the EZX expansions
    6) Superior has more mixer controls, integrated FX, and many many more
    7) See the EZdrummer VS. Superior link on the Superior home page.

Is Superior easy to use?  Well, yes for the most part.  I’ve been using it for about 5 months and it was easy to get setup.  As time has gone on, I find myself digging in a little deeper and improving playability and performance.  So, it will take some time to learn, but you can get going with it pretty quick.

J

Eric Shults
    Participant

Do you know the best way and easiest way to get going in Pro Tools M Powered or is this a learning curve I have to do? I really want to just plug in and start playing my drums and using the sounds off of Superior 2.0

I guess that is in a perfect world.
    Do I need to really learn midi in order to operate this software?

I am a rocker so I don’t know nothing about midi.

Jason Runyon
    Participant

Depends what you know about pro tools.  If you know how to make an instrument track and insert a plugin then you can have superior going in no time.  If you just want to practice, tweak, or make presets, I always open Superior in Toontrack’s free host, Solo.  You will still have to tweak a little and set things up in Superior so that things trigger the right thing and dynamics are good.  It’ll take a little learning, but between here and Vdrums.com there is a lot of knowledge.

I didn’t know anything about midi when I started, and now I do know a little, so odds are you will learn some midi whether you want to or not 🙂

J

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.