Need Instructions for DIY E-Cymbals

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Robshi
    Participant

Hi

For single zone e-cymbals it couldn’t be easier. Simply attach a peize to the underside of the cymbal and wire it up to a jack socket.

Things get a bit more advanced if you want dual zone and the ability to choke.

Rob

drumdude
    Participant

Does it matter what size piezo I use? 

Robshi
    Participant

I have used 30mm ones but for my dual ride I think it was one 30mm and a 20 or 25mm one. Probably either would be fine may just have a but less sensitivity but that could be a good thing. Mine can be a tad “live” at times.

Still got to get the hand of tweaking my settings.

Rob

drumdude
    Participant

Do I have to install the piezo in one of those little project boxes, or do I just glue it to the bottom of the cymbal? I ordered 2 plastic TKO cymbals today for this project. 

Robshi
    Participant

My peizos are attched directly to the surface of metal cymbal and then I put my dampening clear plastic sheet ober it with double sided tape so it is not in project box but it is offred some protection by the plastic sheeting. The peizos are ceramic so can be scratched etc. I’d make sure you gave them some protection even if just some tape over them.

Also I found that after a bit of hitting the wires can come off so I applied a small amount of hot glue from a g;ue gun to where the wire is soldered to the peizo which firmed up the joints a bit.

Rob

drumdude
    Participant

What did you use to attach the piezo to the cymbal?

Robshi
    Participant

I just got some really strong double sided tape. It sticks so well that i have to pry them off with a knife if I need to adjust anything.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.