Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Midi Template for the Roland TD-20

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • John

Hi,

please see this thread:
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=58698

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

robertgeorge
    Participant

John,

I saw the thread and did what the old manual said and the hi hats are not working well. I’m getting random open pedal sounds even though I have no note number assigned to the open pedal and I can barely get a closed tip sound. I have to really step on the Roland Hi Hat pedal extremely hard to get any kind of closed tip. My settings on my roland are factory settings.

Also, what do i do with all the other bell articulations ect? I removed all note assignments except for the Trigtip and Trigedge. Sure wish you have a midi template ready. Can’t you get one from Nir-Z? I bought this program SOLELY for the e-drum support. Feeling a little unsuported right now though

Thanks John

www.robertgeorge.net

John

ORIGINAL: robertgeorge
    I have to really step on the Roland Hi Hat pedal extremely hard to get any kind of closed tip. My settings on my roland are factory settings.

Is this with the ‘E-drum’ MIDI controller preset and ‘CC Offset’ ticked in Toontrack solo?

Also, what do i do with all the other bell articulations ect?

To trigger the Bell articulations you need a separate trigger since your VH-12 triggers Bow/Edge only.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

robertgeorge
    Participant

John,

This is using S2 in Nuendo 3.21 on a Mac G5 OSX 4.8. I need to use it this way not in Toontrack Solo. I have previously recorded midi tracks from my TD-20 that i want to trigger S2 samples. I track audio (other instruments) and midi from a TD-20 live into nuendo. I then need to replace the TD-20 sounds with the better ones from S2. Mainly I need a detailed set up for the hi hat please and anything else you can provide. I have mapped the toms and cymbals and i think the snare is right (don’t know for sure). There are many extra articulations.

Could also use some help on mapping the after-touch from the Roland Cymbals to mute the S2 Cymbals.

Come on guys this seems to be “THE” sampler for e-drummers.

You guys had this working 5 months ago at NAMM triggering every little nuance from a TD-20. Can’t you just share that with us? 🙂

Thanks for hanging in on this John

P.S. I did try it with Toontrack Solo with the E-drum controller and TD-20 preset and CC offset and it still wasn’t working nearly as good as what I saw in your Namm video. Somethings are definitely not right here. It was just kind of sloppy.

www.robertgeorge.net

John

Well,

regarding Nir’s setup, the host used is in fact Toontrack solo and I’m not sure how much tweaking is done in the Roland module or if anything else is tailored to his playing.
    The feature to create your own, very personalized and tailored e-drum Templates is part of a grander scheme that didn’t make it into the initial release.
    It isn’t, as you have noticed, only a question of mapping notes (which you already can do and save as a MIDI preset).
    There are many edrum brains and Hihat controllers out there with different CC curves, velocity curves, CC assignments and mappings and playing styles also vary.
    Things has to be easy for users to adjust without sacrificing the stability of the plugin. I do hope you can appreciate that.
    The generic solution with Toontrack solo and the ‘E-drum’ preset and ‘CC Offset’ works for many pretty much out of the box until then.
    I get satisfying results with a Hart Pro kit and a Roland TD-12, even though it isn’t as superior as I know it will be.

Regarding the Chokes; IIRC (I’m not in front of it right now) it should only be to right-click a Crash to select it, check ‘edit articulation only’, enable the Envelope, set to react to ‘Aftertouch’, then set the release and hold to your liking. I think a release of 60-70ms is about right.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

robertgeorge,

you can try this for the Hihat response:
    Select the hatsCtrl articulation, check ‘Edit articulation only’, then play with the Velocity Ctrl values.
    If you get better results, don’t forget to save your MIDI preset.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.