Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

MIDI packs versus expansion packs

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bryan Zimmerman
    Participant

Thank you, David! That is a perfect explanation.

d gav
    Participant

Hello, could we get a little more clarification as to whether the EXBass MIDI packs contain content that is in expansion packs or whether its separate and distinct from the MIDI grooves that are contained in the expansion packs. I compiled a list of products and release dates to try to get a better idea of what is going on. It seems products releases prior to 2022 just contain a general wording and products release 2022 onwards have more detail.

In particular, for myself as a EXBass user, I am curious whether if I buy an expansion such as Gospel or Classic Rock, it will contain the MIDI content of the EXBass MIDI packs Basic Rock and Traditional Gospel?

I am attaching a brief sample of what I mean.

Scott

Hello, could we get a little more clarification as to whether the EXBass MIDI packs contain content that is in expansion packs or whether its separate and distinct from the MIDI grooves that are contained in the expansion packs. I compiled a list of products and release dates to try to get a better idea of what is going on. It seems products releases prior to 2022 just contain a general wording and products release 2022 onwards have more detail.

In particular, for myself as a EXBass user, I am curious whether if I buy an expansion such as Gospel or Classic Rock, it will contain the MIDI content of the EXBass MIDI packs Basic Rock and Traditional Gospel?

I am attaching a brief sample of what I mean.

All of the EZbass MIDI packs contain unique MIDI that is not contained in any EBX or other MIDI pack.

What Toontrack means by “made in tandem” is “cross product” creation. IOW, those packs mentioned are EZdrummer MIDI and EZkeys MIDI packs and that the corresponding EZbass MIDI pack was made in tandem with them.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: d gav
    John Staples
    Participant

I wish EVERY EZX and drum midi pack (and ALL add-ons) was marked more clearly. Sometimes I see where it says this IS included in an EZX and sometimes it says it IS NOT. And then sometimes there is no statement about this at all.

I can tell you this uncertainty causes me to pause or simply not purchase add-ons because I don’t want to buy something twice. Please use a standard statement and put it on every add-on. Thanks!

Scott

I wish EVERY EZX and drum midi pack (and ALL add-ons) was marked more clearly. Sometimes I see where it says this IS included in an EZX and sometimes it says it IS NOT. And then sometimes there is no statement about this at all.

I can tell you this uncertainty causes me to pause or simply not purchase add-ons because I don’t want to buy something twice. Please use a standard statement and put it on every add-on. Thanks!

• The post has been modified 1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples
      1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples
      1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples"> 4 times, last modified 1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples.

In terms of the Toontrack drum MIDI, yes, some drum MIDI packs are also included in EZXs. It clearly states if it is. If it doesn’t state it, the MIDI is unique.

For example,

Please note that this is the same MIDI as included in the Americana EZX

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: d gav
    John Staples
    Participant

• The post has been modified 1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples
      1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples
      1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples"> 4 times, last modified 1 year, 10 months ago by John Staples.

In terms of the Toontrack drum MIDI, yes, some drum MIDI packs are also included in EZXs. It clearly states if it is. If it doesn’t state it, the MIDI is unique.

For example,

Please note that this is the same MIDI as included in the Americana EZX

Yes but it is still confusing! As you correctly state, the Americana MIDI Drum pack states “Please note that this is the same MIDI as included in the Americana EZX.” BUT, the Americana EZX does NOT state that it actually contains the Americana MIDI Drum pack. So, if I already own Americana MIDI Drum pack, I might buy Americana EZX thinking I was getting new grooves when all I was getting was new kits and no new grooves!

I would just love to see every add-on product include a note specifically about what other products are included/duplicated. As I said, not knowing for sure makes me delay or simply avoid a purchase I would otherwise make.

dchicks
    Participant

Super helpful discussion.  I’m just getting started with my Toontracks software, and I’d been wondering exactly what the difference was.  This conversation saved me a lot of time and effort.  Thanks to all of you for your input.

Dave

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.