Metal Foundry 1.5.0 update not updating

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • mcm_paul
    Participant

had the same issue. also had the issue of installing any part (2-5) of SD3 just kept on ADDING more time and getting slower and slower (i think it got up to an estimated time to install–install locally…not download: 11 HOURS!)

so what i did is went into the unzipped files and just copy/pasted over to the proper install directory of metal foundry (copied the entire directory…not just sounds), and for SD3, i copied the sounds files into the proper folder.

after that, the product manager seemed to get that everything was installed and the program(s) worked as expected (at least as far as i can tell).

i’m sure i’m missing *something*…but it’s all working and have all the different mics/ sounds in sd3 and mf thinks it’s properly updated now!

hope this helps some of you guys….

how could i neglect the expectations, placed upon me, by myself....

brianiac5150
    Participant

Same here as Phil’s description, however, I’m on Win7-64bit. Hope PM gets updated to actuate this, as I really don’t want to “try” other routes toward creating more issues.

jlsdust
    Participant

@mcm_paul said:
    had the same issue. also had the issue of installing any part (2-5) of SD3 just kept on ADDING more time and getting slower and slower (i think it got up to an estimated time to install–install locally…not download: 11 HOURS!)

so what i did is went into the unzipped files and just copy/pasted over to the proper install directory of metal foundry (copied the entire directory…not just sounds), and for SD3, i copied the sounds files into the proper folder.

after that, the product manager seemed to get that everything was installed and the program(s) worked as expected (at least as far as i can tell).

i’m sure i’m missing *something*…but it’s all working and have all the different mics/ sounds in sd3 and mf thinks it’s properly updated now!

hope this helps some of you guys….  

Lol, I had being installing it since yesterday. First part was a breeze but now i’m installing library 3 which has a remaining time of 52 min since 3 hours ago. At least I was able to try the new features before starting the full installation. Issues aside, I’m pretty impress with the new features and the amount of drum presets…

Denis Lachance
    Participant

I update ROOTS, the 2 SDX, Progressive Foundry but, I’m stuck with the same behaviour observed here for Metal Foundry.

I also have problems with 5 Presets packages as well.

The “install Product” never disappear:

Presets are:

Big Drums
    Bulb
    Joey Sturgis
    Koloss
    Steven Slate

Confused

Phil Pendlebury
    Participant

@Mario Krušelj said:
    This happened over here too, W10.

I killed the installer process and just wrote over the update files (in “Contents” folder) manually. Everything worked thereafter. 🙂  

Good idea… I was going to try this but wasn’t sure if the installers did more than just copy and paste files.

Are you sure this is sufficient? i.e there are no registry changes / file deletions etc.

Smile

Info & Contact

Windows 10 Pro (4K). Intel i7. 64GB RAM. RME FF UCX. UAD2 QUAD.
    Cubase. Nuendo. Wavelab. Ableton. Vegas. etc.

Olof

These issues should be fixed now – just restart Product Manager and you should be able to start the installers from there.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Phil Pendlebury
    Participant

@Olof said:
    These issues should be fixed now – just restart Product Manager and you should be able to start the installers from there.  

Windows 10 64 Bit – Not fixed here. Restarted PM and tried install from within PM, exact same issue.

Maybe we need to delete the downloads and download again? Will try that anyway.

Info & Contact

Phil Pendlebury
    Participant

OK I can confirm AFTER re-downloading – The installers now work.

Info & Contact

Olof

Redownloading the update shouldn’t have been necessary, because it hasn’t changed, but the thing can be that you were “too quick” to start the installer after relaunching PM (while it was still downloading the new installer in the background). So, others who had this problem, you can wait a bit after relaunching PM – about 20 s after the products are loaded should be more than enough – and then update the SDX(s).

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Bapu
    Participant

Worked for me.

woot!

http://www.studioqoqol.com/SQD.html

Chris Rose
    Participant

I can confirm that updates are now working for me too.

Phil Pendlebury
    Participant

@Olof said:
    Redownloading the update shouldn’t have been necessary, because it hasn’t changed, but the thing can be that you were “too quick” to start the installer after relaunching PM (while it was still downloading the new installer in the background). So, others who had this problem, you can wait a bit after relaunching PM – about 20 s after the products are loaded should be more than enough – and then update the SDX(s).  

Ah. Ok. Yes I did stop and re-start quite quickly. Anyway, all is well that ends well. 🙂

Info & Contact

jlsdust
    Participant

@Olof said:

Thank you it works!!

geoff foden
    Participant

hi – so I manaully (web product manager), downloaded and updated the exz packages but the metal foundry sdx package, even when I drop the installer in the superior drummer folder, doesn’t do anything (rather, the windows UAC window opens, i click iok, but the actual updater doesn’t appear (although it is shown as a running tawsk in task manager).

When i use the product manager application, it now still tells me none of the ezx or sdz are updated and tells me to download them.
    is there no way i can point the product manager to where the files have already been downloaded, and how can I install metal foundry updates? Do i just copy/paste the contents somewhere?

Scott

@hangerhead said:
    hi – so I manaully (web product manager), downloaded and updated the exz packages but the metal foundry sdx package, even when I drop the installer in the superior drummer folder, doesn’t do anything (rather, the windows UAC window opens, i click iok, but the actual updater doesn’t appear (although it is shown as a running tawsk in task manager).

When i use the product manager application, it now still tells me none of the ezx or sdz are updated and tells me to download them.
    is there no way i can point the product manager to where the files have already been downloaded, and how can I install metal foundry updates? Do i just copy/paste the contents somewhere?  

You can temporarily turn off the UAC to see if it is interfering with the updates being written.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.