Lou Reed & Metallica – Lulu

The Pub
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • JetAirliner
    Participant

Disgusted!

Damian Blunt

Probably one of the strangest collaborations……unfortunately the first thing that I thought of when I heard some tracks was William Shatners ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’

I’m a big fan of the Velvet Underground and Lou Reed whilst Metallica are up there with the greats…..I’m sure they could have done better

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Tony
    Participant

ORIGINAL: JetAirliner

Disgusted!

Where’s the ‘like’ button?

Martin

I’m hoping they’ve done something similar to what Joaquin Phoenix (the actor) did a couple of years back. When he started rapping and behaving very strange for a long time, and then it turned out that it was all for a documentary to see how people reacted. Maybe Metallica is putting together a book with the reviews for this record or something..

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Lee Cassidy
    Participant

^ haha, if only.

How about this for a question: if the album turned out to have drums like St Anger and Metallica announced they’d used Superior 2.0 for it, would you guys be happy, sad or both simultaneously? 😉

Martin

Both, I think…I actually don’t mind the drum sounds that much, compared to some of the arrangements of the songs. There’s actually good riffs on that album, but there’s also about 2 million other riffs they could have left in the idea box.

I met Lars Ulrich backstage at a concert in Oslo, Norway in 2003:

Me: You’re the reason I started playing drums! (which was true, I was a huge fan back then).
    Lars: Oh my God, I’m so sorry…

True story!

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Sorry, but this is shockingly bad!!! Just watched the vid for “the view”..

Do you think I could sue for those minutes of my life back?

No wonder the dislike bar looks like a light sabre from the darkside.

Anyway, the timing is shocking, lars has lost it, the guitars are out of tune, the solo is horrendous, the mix leaves me completely flaccid, and did someone mention songwriting? 4 minutes of sludge, the same riff and the most dire vocals I’ve heard in a hellishly long time do not in my eyes constitute anything more than clutching at straws. Move on Metallica, time to settle down and start learning knitting patterns.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.