Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Looking for a pure bell tone ride.

Studio Corner
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

No-one? Nobody’s heard a sample even close to this in any of the expansions?

Sales opportunity for toontrack? 😛

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Juicy
    Participant

I am thinking an Zildjian Z custom Mega Bell Ride. ( Not in any X pack as im aware)
    But maybe you can tell us what the Ride is instead of guessing ?

Whitten
    Participant

We sampled the Paiste Sound Creation ‘Bell Ride’ for C&V.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hi all,

It’s a 9.5″ Zil-Bel made by (you guessed it) Zildjian.

It wasn’t so much that I was trying to keep people guessing, it’s that I’ve been through a lot of options and already looked through the SDX’s respective spec lists and certainly didn’t find a match anywhere, so I was hoping for input from drummers/programmers etc to guide me to a sample pack that might contain what I need as a source tone.

Whitten, do you guys have a link to that specific sample anywhere I can have a peep at? It’s just that I couldn’t find *any* ride cymbal bells which didn’t have the edge masking it 1/2 way through the sample.

We’re trying to mimic our drummer’s live setup, so this is a must, however I don’t want to get the wrong item 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

As useful as it was moving my thread to a different section, my issue wasn’t with how to create a bell tone, it was whether toontrack actually have a sample (and hopefully a link to the sample they captured), can anyone help with this?

We’re seriously considering having to purchase/run BFD alongside SD which will be a pain, but I can’t ask our drummer to skimp on his grooves.

Can anyone help?

Regards

D.

godprobe
    Participant

I’m not sure how picky you are, but the closest samples I could find to what I *think* you’re looking for would be in one of the following…

Vintage Rock EZX
    – the Zildjian K Ride with either sticks or brushes seems to ring pretty nicely

Twisted Kit EZX
    – if you’re really just looking for *anything* that’ll purely ring like crazy, the Cake Pan, Metal Plate, or Spoxe do that quite well
    – the Spoxe Hats in the fully open position also get pretty close, but tinkle a slight amount more as the rims hit each other

The Classic EZX
    – the 22″ Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride in this set is *very* close in timbre to your sample, imho.  There is a bit of the ride edge, but I don’t know if it would be too much for your drummer’s taste.

Drumkit From Hell EZX
    – 22″ Sabian HH Power Bell Ride… it’s pitched very differently from your sample, but has a strong ring (again, a bit of ride edge, but since the hits are much stronger than your sample, it may be a negligible amount at lower velocities)

…I think my pick out of those would probably be The Classic EZX.  Maybe/hopefully other people who own one or more of these libraries could also listen to your sample and compare to my picks and give you some more input.

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Godprobe, all I can say is a huge thank you, seriously and genuinely, that was incredibly helpful and at least gives me somewhere to start investigating, now if only toontrack could list a quick snippet of kit peices 🙂

Thanks again buddy, deffo beer tokens available at our next gig should you come along!

Regards

D.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: VOLiTiAN

Godprobe, all I can say is a huge thank you, seriously and genuinely, that was incredibly helpful

Yeah, nice going.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.