License transfer fee?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

I see now that you have introduced a $15 fee for every single license transfer.

You have not informed your customers, and you have not explained the reason for this fee.

In a single stroke you have made all expansions packs unsellable on the used market, and alienated 1000s of loyal customers.

WHY?

joe
    Participant

good question

I wasnt aware of a fee

but this is an important point since I plan to sell EZdrummer midi packs like Rock! and Americana, that are identical to the midi provided by the expansions

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

• This post was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by joe.

Thanked by: Tormod Guldvog
    Markonian
    Participant

I invested in 103 Toontrack products wholly due to no resale penalty.  You have royally screwed over your customer base.

After promoting Toontrack to friends and family for your previous resale policy, I am now beside myself for believing in your company.

Turns out you care nothing about your customers!

Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

Just to elaborate the point since Toontrack apparently is not interested in replying:

Say I want to sell my EZKeys. I have 5 expansion packs and 35 midi packs.

That would be 41*$15 = $615. In FEES. This is insane!

If I wanted to sell all of my 77 Toontrack products, that would be $1155. Just to get rid of them. Thank you Toontrack!

Thanked by: Markonian
    Scott

Information regarding Toontrack’s license transfer process and policy can be found here:

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

You can can contact Toontrack directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ and discuss the details.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Markonian
    Participant

103 x 15 = $1,545!!!

Markonian
    Participant

The “details” are $15 per item.  Am I missing a “detail”?

Does $15 for a midi pack seem fair to you?

Scott

The “details” are $15 per item.  Am I missing a “detail”?

Does $15 for a midi pack seem fair to you?

• The post has been modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Markonian
      2 years, 10 months ago by Markonian"> 3 times, last modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Markonian.

Like I say,  if you want to discuss the policy, you can do so via the Contact Support button in the FAQ link above.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Markonian
    Participant

I know you don’t make policy.  In the middle of the night, no press release way this was done has seriously damaged any hope that they are interested in having a conversation about this.

I will contact them as you suggest.  However, they have shown no interest in discussing a more equitable way of doing this with the many people who have already communicated with them.

Nothing I say is meant to attack you.  All the Moderators do a great job on here.

Thanked by: Tormod Guldvog and Scott
    Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

Toontrack’s answer here was exactly what I expected. They appear to do a money grab to kill the second hand market, and want to avoid any discussion with anyone.

This is truly a nasty way of dealing with loyal customers.

I have no words for how disappointed I am. I love Toontrack and the products are fantastic. I have spent $1000s to get many of their excellent tools. Yet they slap me in the face with this, and run away from any attempt at open dialogue.

Thanked by: musicjunk and Markonian
    Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

Scott,

Which of the following topics would be correct to use in this case? If I choose “license transfer”, which of my 77 serial number should I choose?

I tried to choose “Toontrack Account Issue”, but it fails and tells me “You did not choose a product”. But there was no field to choose product.

I can’t choose “License Transfer” since that just starts a license transfer request.

Scott

Scott,

Which of the following topics would be correct to use in this case? If I choose “license transfer”, which of my 77 serial number should I choose?

I tried to choose “Toontrack Account Issue”, but it fails and tells me “You did not choose a product”. But there was no field to choose product.

I can’t choose “License Transfer” since that just starts a license transfer request.

• The post has been modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Tormod Guldvog
      2 years, 10 months ago by Tormod Guldvog"> 3 times, last modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Tormod Guldvog.

I would choose other and select any product as you appear to be looking for a discussion about policy.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

joe
    Participant

so, @Scott, this is really real? I sell a drum MIDI pack for 15 EUR and I will have to pay 15 EUR for the license transfer?

If this is real I will have to change all my reviews and explicitly mention this fact in all my videos about Toontrack products 🙁 Personally, I think it is inappropriate that there is a fee at all.

As good and as much fun as the Toontrack stuff may be, 15 EUR per transaction is not a reasonable proportion. 😉

I can no longer recommend buying Toontrack products as I recently learned that there is a 15 euro / dollar fee to be paid when reselling a license. Toontrack calls it a “license transfer fee”. Great products, great forum, but that’s a really crappy topic. Sorry! This is an important point to keep in mind if you are planning on purchasing a Toontrack product.

Fortunately, that doesn’t really concern me at the moment. But as mentioned before, I have at least two drum MIDI packs that are identical to the MIDI of the expansions. Why should I keep the MIDI packs that I bought much earlier than the EZXs? Doesn’t make sense, does it? 😉

(done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

Thanked by: Tormod Guldvog and Markonian
    Scott

so, @Scott, this is really real? I sell a drum MIDI pack for 15 EUR and I will have to pay 15 EUR for the license transfer?

If this is real I will have to change all my reviews and explicitly mention this fact in all my videos about Toontrack products 🙁 Personally, I think it is inappropriate that there is a fee at all.

As good and as much fun as the Toontrack stuff may be, 15 EUR per transaction is not a reasonable proportion. 😉

I can no longer recommend buying Toontrack products as I recently learned that there is a 15 euro / dollar fee to be paid when reselling a license. Toontrack calls it a “license transfer fee”. Great products, great forum, but that’s a really crappy topic. Sorry! This is an important point to keep in mind if you are planning on purchasing a Toontrack product.

Fortunately, that doesn’t really concern me at the moment. But as mentioned before, I have at least two drum MIDI packs that are identical to the MIDI of the expansions. Why should I keep the MIDI packs that I bought much earlier than the EZXs? Doesn’t make sense, does it? 😉

Yes. Information regarding Toontrack’s license transfer process and policy can be found here: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

joe
    Participant

Thank you for the unequivocal yes!

(done...)

Thanked by: musicjunk and Tormod Guldvog
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.