latency issue in live situation

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Jason Runyon
    Participant

You need to dump the ASIO4all driver and get the M-Audio one specific for you OS and hardware.

modrob
    Participant

Can you be a bit more specific please? Sorry, but I’m limited in my knowledge of this kind of stuff, since this is my first foray into using computer “assisted” sounds in my outboard recording…

I opened Solo and instead of selecting ASIO4ALL as my AUDIO selection, I tried each of the other options which were “primary sound driver”, “Realtek speakers”-or something similar, or “Realtek Digital”. Those were the only selections available. I think two of them let me hear sounds (monitoring through my computer speakers at the time instead of outputting from headphone jack to outboard recorder), but again, latency was horrible. I did notice, however, that when ASIO was not selected, under the “latency” element, I found a slider that was based at “30”, whereas when ASIO was selected, then a “buffer window” appeared in “Latency” and lowest selectable value was a “64”.

I have visited the MAudio site and downloaded, then installed the latest driver for my MAudio Midisport 2×2 Anniversary Edition interface…And in Solo, when I click under the Midi Device, I have the unit selected (only options being Maudio Input A or Input B–nothing else listed)..

Thanks again for any more ideas.

Modrob

Rogue

Hi – I think you are confusing Audio and MIDI interface, the latter will account for very little in the latency you are reporting.

Unfortunately there is no miracle and the best advise we can give you is to invest in a sound card designed for real time audio application as a computer stck card, even with the help of a generic ASIO driver such as ASIO4ALL, is unlikely to ever come close to unnoticeable.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

modrob
    Participant

Hey thanks, Rogue…I kinda thought it might be something like that…

Tim

Modrob

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.