Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

latency in ezdrummer2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Robert Ver Halen
    Participant

Need more data, latency can be corrected, what are you using? are you playing the drums via midi cable or what
    Just to advise I run Kat 3 drums via a midi cable into my computer, you can use ASIO and go down in the latency to get a better timing sound.
    I also use a Presonus 1818 and I use a midi cable direct into the Presonus and then a USB cable into the computer at times the latency is so great It is like an echo, but if you use the Presonus tools you can turn the latency down to around 64 same as ASIO and that should solve the problems.

If not be detailed on item by item to get the drums into the computer so I can recreate it.

Henrik
    Participant

1. Set the latency low (64 or 128 is often enough)
    2. Record enable the track that has EZdrummer 2 loaded. Logic adds latency if that’s not enabled.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Juicy
    Participant

One other thing to consider part from the obvious latency settings described above
    is logic will have delay if your track or master buss has “certain” plugins inserted. If i recall , one of the compressor/limiters does this
    and should only be added when mixing.

Henrik
    Participant

@juicy said:
    One other thing to consider part from the obvious latency settings described above
    is logic will have delay if your track or master buss has “certain” plugins inserted. If i recall , one of the compressor/limiters does this
    and should only be added when mixing.

It’s the same problem if you are using the built in linear EQ. Note that it’s not enough to just turn off the plugins with latency – you have to remove them from the tracks(s)…

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Gilmore1101
    Participant

Or just simply go into the logic settings and turn off the latency compensation… there are many small tweaks that can be made in the standard and advanced preferences to greatly reduce latency or “perceived latency” which can be from drop-outs, pops, clicks, clipping and distortion, etc… make sure you change the setting on pan law to -3db and not on -3db compensated. All of these features are great for what they are designed for!! Which helps keeps all the audio aligned during playback and while running upwards of 50 to 60 tracks in at once… so you have to kinda strip the program down so you can maximize your availability of ram and processing power and not use it for things that are only adding to your issue…

But even with all of this, and with all but going insane, I am suddenly experiencing a lot of latency and other inconsistencies in my setup that I didn’t have before…

clypaios
    Participant

Hey Musicans,

i am also using superior drummer 3.

i have an Roland TDK 25 over Midi to my

Audiointerface from M-Audio 2/2

and i have a MAC Book Pro, 2019 with Big Sur, 32GB RAm.

An i have a vertibale latency, so it is very difficult to play with “Klick”

staying in the timeline.

leathco
    Participant

I had latency issues early on too, but some tweaks fixed the issue.  Biggest fix for me was to install the ASIO sound driver and set it to 224 samples at 44100 hz, using a Presonus Audiobox 96 to my laptop.  This fixed all latency issues for me.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.