Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Late’ n’ see?! HELP. Please.

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DimeWylde
    Participant

I am in the exact same situation as you, which brings me here. I see there is not an overwhelming response to your question. Frustrating as hell, isn’t it? So far, this is what I have rigged up. I am using a simmons sd5k to trigger Superior Drummer in Sonar 8 Producer Edition via a Tascam us-1641. At the same time, I am running mono out of the sd5k into a headphone amp for the drummer to moniter in real time. The problem is that the samples in the sd5k are a bit crappy and would rather use the Superior samples, but I don’t think that will happen because I can’t find any way to get rid of the latency.

But, while the drummer is hearing the sd5k in real time, I am recording midi in Sonar a few milliseconds behind, but he will never here that until he is done with his drum track. He will have to do one take and then I will adjust the midi tracks to fix any mistakes.

The next part of my experiment will be to put mesh heads on his acoustic kit, and trigger his drums through the sd5k module, so he will feel comfortable playing his own kit. The reason for the mesh heads is because I intend to use his actual symbols, and the mesh heads should prevent bleed into the overhead mics. I am mainly concerned that I can edit his acoustic drums and make them unhumanly tight. I should then be able to move where his symbols land if need be. If anybody out there has any good suggestions about my setup so far, please chime in!

John

For Live situations, I’d recommend using Toontrack solo. With proper ASIO drivers you should be able to get around 1,5 ms which is very playable.
    The moment you decide to use a DAW, other stuff starts interfering as Plugin Delay Compensation, other plugins in the signal path, etc.

Users are happily using Roland, Hart, Yamaha e-kits to name a few with Superior 2 and Toontrack solo in their mobile setups.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

peri
    Participant

Why doesn´t solo allow 32 samples settings? If it would I´d go back to solo, now I am using MainStage @ 32 samples with SD2…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.