Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Joe King..THANK YOU So Much..Can you help w/ sidestick problem

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • David Zeltner
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    Disregard the question about the Ride Cymbal.. I figured it out. Just check edit only this articulation and set limit level lower fixed that issue. Still trying to solve the side stick problem so if you have suggestions please fire away!

Thanks!
    Dave

John

Hi Dave,

I use a TD-12 myself. Are you laying the stick across the rim (i.e. touching the rim at two places) or is the butt of the stick held against the mesh head when you hit the rim?
    I find it easier to set the TD-12 up when doing the former.
    You have got to set this straight in the TD-12 because the note number will change depending on how the rim triggers. Nothing to do with S2.0, IOW.
    Try with the internal sounds to get the trigger right.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David Zeltner
    Participant

Hi John,

Yes I know what you mean about how you lay the drumstick across the head in both places. Got that. I will try to adjust working with the internal sounds.

I thought the way that it worked was like this (oversimplified for example)

When playing the rim of the V drums:
    All outputs are the same note number but:
    Velocity say 0-50 triggers rim shot soft
    Velocity say 51-90 triggers side stick
    Velocity say91-127 trigger loud rim shot

I think what you are saying is that different velocities triggers different note number when playing the rim?

Do I have it?

Dave

John

Yes,

the TD-12 sends different note numbers when triggering the side(cross) stick and rimshot.
    So the sensitivity and threshold for the note switch needs to be set for your playing style in the TD-12.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Marco Melgazzi
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rammelt

Yes,

the TD-12 sends different note numbers when triggering the side(cross) stick and rimshot.
    So the sensitivity and threshold for the note switch needs to be set for your playing style in the TD-12.

BR,
    John

semi-offtopic, is this a new feature of the td-12? I don’t remember seeing this in my td-10 (and I sure would like it!)

David Zeltner
    Participant

Hi Marco M,

The crossstick threshold has 3 parameters on my TD 12 to adjust to your playing:

Rim Gain
    Rimshot adjust
    and Crossstick Threshold

To Access:

Play the rim of the snare to choose it for editing
    Press Trigger Button
    Press advanced menu in display

Hope you have these parameters on your module. Helps alot.
    Dave

Joe
    Participant

ORIGINAL: MarcoM

semi-offtopic, is this a new feature of the td-12? I don’t remember seeing this in my td-10 (and I sure would like it!)

Not to further take this off-topic, but I’m reading that with interest to, because I’m of the belief that my TD-10 always sends the same Note Number for the snare rim, and that the synth on board the TD-10 varies the sound based on velocity (and has the relevant controls to change the layering thresholds).  It has been a while since I tested that, but that is what I remember when I recorded the MIDI data for this.  It makes sense though that a newer Roland module would improve upon that with regard to the MIDI output. I’ll test it again when I get a moment.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.