is there a map for all articulations of all drums in EZD2?

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi,

there should be no hits outside the documented ones in Toontrack grooves. I think you are experiencing the engine’s humanizing feature picking samples from the pool in a manner to make for a realistic playback.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

chris moffa
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

there should be no hits outside the documented ones in Toontrack grooves. I think you are experiencing the engine’s humanizing feature picking samples from the pool in a manner to make for a realistic playback.

thank you, john. i also got a reply from erik at toontrack so i have the info i need. i appreciate the replies, EZD2 sounds great so thanks for everything.

alexis
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

Heresy, I know ;-), but is there a way to disable the “humanizing” engine for MIDI tracks I’d be importing from my hard drive? They are humanized enough, played by humans!

Scott

@alexis said:

@John said:

Hi,

Heresy, I know ;-), but is there a way to disable the “humanizing” engine for MIDI tracks I’d be importing from my hard drive? They are humanized enough, played by humans!

Well, the humanize function in the EZD2 plugin only effects the picking of the samples out of the sample pool and doesn’t touch the timing of the original MIDI performance. If you want to turn off the humanized ‘sample picking’ you can do so from Menu->Settings->Sound Engine->Sound Engine tab. Keep in mind that turning it off will turn off the sample picking and sound more machine gun and won’t effect the timing so I don’t think you’d want to do that.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

@Scott said:

@alexis said:

@John said:

Hi,

Well, the humanize function in the EZD2 plugin only effects the picking of the samples out of the sample pool and doesn’t touch the timing of the original MIDI performance. If you want to turn off the humanized ‘sample picking’ you can do so from Menu->Settings->Sound Engine->Sound Engine tab. Keep in mind that turning it off will turn off the sample picking and sound more machine gun and won’t effect the timing so I don’t think you’d want to do that.

OK, thanks for your answer!

If you can clarify a follow up question please, that would be great:

I’ve got a human generated MIDI drum track – has timing AND velocity variations.
    1) If I use the humanize function in EZ Drummer 2, I understand your post to say the timing variations would remain untouched. Can you confirm Y/N please whether the humanize engine would affect the drummer’s *velocity* changes as well please?

2) You mentioned that it would sound more machine gun if the humanize engine were off and there was no sample picking. I don’t figure you are saying that saying that under those circumstances all the human drummer’s velocity variations (on his MIDI track) be flattened and all hits for any given drum would be the same velocity … so I’m not exactly sure what would happen to the drummer’s MIDI velocity variations when the humanize engine is turned off …

Thanks again!

Scott

1) Humanize only effect the sample picking. Not velocity or timing.

2) Well, what I’m saying is if there are 10 of the same velocity hits at 127, there would be more machine gunning sound with the humanize function turned off. If you have the demo, you can listen to the MIDI with both humanize on and off and hear what sounds better to you.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

onewayout_1
    Participant

@alexis said:

thank you, john. i also got a reply from erik at toontrack so i have the info i need. i appreciate the replies, EZD2 sounds great so thanks for everything.

Hi Jimmy,
    Would you be able to share that info that Erik gave you? I’m doing a drum track and I am not getting different snare hits that I would like to be able to choose from…Appreciate any help!

Cheers, jefff

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.