Is it seriously not possible to resize EZDrummer’s window??!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Ezdrummer 2 can’t be resized, Superior Drummer 3 hower has that option. This is because Superior Drummer 3 was built from scratch using a technology that can handle resizing, scaling, etc., which EZdrummer 2 isn’t built upon, e.g. it’s not possible for us to just add scaling/resizing into EZdrummer 2.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Henrik.

Thanked by: Scott Eshleman and aguitarpenter
    Thomasinflight
    Participant

Thats a bummer, really liked EZDrummer but I am not going to purchase since I cannot make it large enough to be usable. Will try superior drummer 3.

aguitarpenter
    Participant

Thanks Henrik for finally explaining what the issue is. Means I won’t be spending any money, but I’m less grumpy at the company in general. I wish people would think through the ‘help’ they give out on here – people keep linking a thread which people can’t see (I presume it’s a customers only forum?), although even when copied over it’s clearly missing information. The post refers to there being multiple lines of code but there are only about 4.

You know what would *really* help? Including this in the FAQ. That said, making the FAQ have any information other than how to use Product Manager would be helpful…

Thanked by: Roman MacBook Pro and Henrik
    Maurice Ross
    Participant

What! I purchased EZ Mix and had no idea that skin is not resizable. I’m sorry but in today’s big screen scene, this is unacceptable. The least you can do is have a “WARNING” statement that the skin is one size only. With my screen setup, this just does not work. Real bummer after spending the money. Toontrack, this is a big disappointment for such a great product. What were you thinking?

• This post was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Maurice Ross.
    arseniy1234555
    Participant

What! I purchased EZ Mix and had no idea that skin is not resizable. I’m sorry but in today’s big screen scene, this is unacceptable. The least you can do is have a “WARNING” statement that the skin is one size only. With my screen setup, this just does not work. Real bummer after spending the money. Toontrack, this is a big disappointment for such a great product. What were you thinking?

• This post was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Maurice Ross.

100% agreed. Allowing resizing in SP3 only is simply just a scam as they are forcing people to pay twice for both. Was really excited about my purchase today but now really upset. Evening and songwriting prospects completely ruined.

Thanked by: Roman MacBook Pro and livefromheaven
    GazDog
    Participant

So you can come out with a whole new product in EZBass but you can’t fix the resizing in EZdrummer! I see where your priorities are. I think the real reason you have not fixed it is because you just don’t give a damn. Wake up it is 2020!

Thanked by: Roman MacBook Pro
    Scott Eshleman
    Participant

So you can come out with a whole new product in EZBass but you can’t fix the resizing in EZdrummer! I see where your priorities are. I think the real reason you have not fixed it is because you just don’t give a damn. Wake up it is 2020!

Why not simply change your screen resolution while working in EZDrummer?
    There are even apps created for the explicit purpose of quickly changing screen resolutions.
    For what other reason would such apps be written if not to facilitate program-biased screen resolution changes?

At the studio where I work, we utilize multiple screens and multiple screen resolutions in both of our rooms
    due to a number of applications that require specific screen resolutions.
    Some of those applications will never be updated for the current larger screen resolutions
    (or for newer operating systems). Others are requiring a paid update or maintenance contract.

Sorry for the rant, but…feeling a little defensive for my friends at Toontrack.
    Unless you have programmed a virtual instrument standalone program (that also works as a plugin),
    maybe, just maybe you presume a lot about the amount of work that may or may not be required to (re)write one
    and what Toontrack may or may not be doing in that regard.

Thanked by: WillisT
    WillisT
    Participant

WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THAT BEFORE PURCHASE

Thanked by: Roman MacBook Pro
    WillisT
    Participant

What resolution changers would you recommend?

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

As I stated earlier in this thread,
    we utilize multiple screens and multiple screen resolutions
    and typically those screens are set to a resolution appropriate to the tasks done at that workstation.
    You might say, ‘Set & Forget‘ either in the operating system or the screen’s utility.
    As such, I have no personal or professional experience with any particular ‘quick-change’ app.
    I have seen them mentioned, recommended or advertised numerous places.

screen resolution quick change Windows

screen resolution quick change Mac

Studio1000RPM
    Participant

I am sorry but that is a pretty poor defence. The explanation shows a complete lack of professionalism on the part of the developer. Superior Drummer, we are constantly told, uses the same engine as EZDrummer 2, hence upgrading is possible without any issues. So, as an IT engineer, I find this a totally inadequate response from both the developer and you. If you create a product then you should make it something that works on all platforms with all natural functions of the operating system available. It is nothing more than poor programming as Windows has allowed this function and even the most basic programs have had this ability since 95 and right through to 10. This is supposed to be a modern program that allows users to create rythms to a very high standard. Well, if that is the case then why skimp on the programming? If superior drummer can do it as an upgrade, then why can’t ezdrummer have a patch. I am afraid this is just excuses and pretty poor ones at that. The workspace is way too small. The writing is too small. The window is crowded and it is not user friendly. Why should any user have to play with settings just to (sort of) do what the developer should have done. Too lazy to do it and greedy to be bothered about fixing it. End of rant!!

Thanked by: Stephen Read and Roman MacBook Pro
    CosmicHiker
    Participant

Good software but could have been GREAT software. My understanding of EZ Drummer 2 vs. Superior Drummer 3 is that the first is geared more toward non-drummers, which I am, and the latter is more technical (and likely difficult to use) for us non-drummers. Also, I can’t drop $400 on something I may not use a whole lot. I tried all of the display settings available in Windows and they all just make the window larger without giving you any more real estate in the software to work, so while using the magnification setting (150% looks OK on my screen) is better than the VERY small window at 100% on large displays, it lessens the usability of the app to the point that I might not use it if I bought it. I was definitely heading toward buying EZ Drummer 2… I know that it takes time to update software, but I add my ask to those of all these others in this world of large displays and people who appreciate the capabilities in this app, that you deal with the screen sizing issue. Bump the cost up by $10 to cover the development. Most would pay it. I will probably not be purchasing it until it is resolved even though I know there is no other option available with the same functionality. I lived this long without it and it is likely that something just as good or maybe even better is being created by another company. What else do developers and musicians have to do during the pandemic???

Thanked by: Stephen Read and Mtbowe
    davedial
    Participant

Short and sweet:

Folks, we have entered in to a new era.

I could go down through my resume of this and that and stroke my ego. You can trust me, not trust me .. makes no difference to me.

We’ve gotten to this point:

Get ya a little machine, a desktop, with old technology that LOOKS perfect and SOUNDS awesome and .. leave the doggone thing alone. Don’t upgrade it. Don’t put a new monitor on it or videocard .. or anything .. it works on : Cubase 3.1 .. or Fruity Loops .. or EzDrummer 2 .. or whatever it is.

Then, when you get something else you love .. get ya an old machine and .. there that one is .. you need it .. you pull up the faders opn the mixer .. make your part .. done.

Eventually .. EVENTUALLY, you see..the future arrives and TIME..MOVES..ON

Here’s the part where I put in”old timer, making music since the 80s”

But nobody cares. Not in the slightest. It’s not *YOU* so nobody cares.

Get over it.

Time moves on

Technology advances

Find a solution or sit in the corner and whine.

Your choice, Millennial, but I got a feeling I know the answer already.

Here, take a lollipop.You’ll feel better.

Us old timers been through this 47 times since 1986.

IT   ..      HAPPENS

Get OVER IT

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WHINING.

NOBODY

NOT EVEN MOMMY

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Thanked by: Scott Eshleman
    Mtbowe
    Participant

There’s got to be a better way for Toontrack’s to put  some more R& D into it’s key products. I love all their products but the resizing of the interface is a real bummer for me. The EZ bass is wonderful and does this very easily.

Matthew

Thanked by: Stephen Read and Roman MacBook Pro
    Greg Holtfreter
    Participant

If you need to work on your midi data copy it into your DAW, mute in in EZD, and copy it back when you’re done. It would be nice if EZD was like EZB but until then you need to improvise.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.