Is it seriously not possible to resize EZDrummer’s window??!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 14 replies - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Craig Deubler
    Participant

It’s 2021, I can’t believe this is still an issue. It’s a few hours work to fix. (Windows software is what I do)

For mere mortals the sane way to deal with this is to use Windows Magnifier:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-magnifier-to-make-things-on-the-screen-easier-to-see-414948ba-8b1c-d3bd-8615-0e5e32204198

TL;DR

(Windows Key) + (+ key) to open.

(Windows Key) + Esc to close.

Lens mode works for me but YMMV.

John Pettiford
    Participant

This is embarrassing. Selling a product in 2021 that doesn’t scale to 4k displays but constantly making new expansions. Typical software companies these days. Upsells over actual functionaily or quality-of-life improvements. I bought this program and 3 EZX’s already only to find this out 2 months later when I need to actually use it. I mean, even if the standalone version has a workaround, what about the damn VST? That’s what I’m screwed. Reason just charged me $125 for an upgrade to do the same thing, which while absurd, at least was an option. I’ll be sure to light this goofy plugin up on my YouTube channel. What a joke

Sb666
    Participant

I’m using a 34 inch screen and I hardly see anything. I really regret buying this product. No more Toontrack products for me. The only thing I can do is to draw the attention of potention buyers to this and additional problems in the Facebook groups.

Belphegor1
    Participant

Guys oh guys… this really sucks. I spent half a day (about 7-8 hours of searching and auditioning demos) to find witch 2 EZX titles I like most (that’s “MetalHeads” and “DreamPop” by the way) so I add to my “EZD2 with two EZX titles of your choice” order, only to find out (by chance) that EZD2 is not freely resizable… and this is the only reason I stopped using StylusRMX long ago!!! I’m extremely disappointed. I just hope AddictiveDrums2 does not suffer of this “not resizable” terible plague , and I’m gonna find out…. Right NOW. Cheers.

shadowself
    Participant

None of these solutions will work when using EZDrummer as a VST, which I imagine is where 99% of people use it. How long has this software been out without a scalable interface? Even Reason now supports high DPI screens. I am new to Toontrack software and was gobsmacked to discover I cannot use it as a VST on a 4K screen without a magnifying glass. In 2021. Come on, guys. This is certainly the last Toontrack product I will buy until the interface is brought up to date.

xophe
    Participant

Amazing user experience:
    1) Try demo. Wonder how you rescale
    2) go on forum, can’t see the workaround posts because you haven’t bought ezdrummer (!!!)
    3) toontracks suggesting superior drummer… Basically 10 times more expensive and complex.

Guys if you are selling a product in 2021, it should be functional (on current screens it’s barely functionnal). If not make it a freeware.

Thanked by: wildcatdave71
    87MonteLSx
    Participant

Just downloaded the trial and really like it, until I went to resize the window. Come on. Based on what I see here, time to move elsewhere. After 5 years and you couldn’t make the tweak. My old eyes can’t use it

wildcatdave71
    Participant

Amazing user experience:
    1) Try demo. Wonder how you rescale
    2) go on forum, can’t see the workaround posts because you haven’t bought ezdrummer (!!!)
    3) toontracks suggesting superior drummer… Basically 10 times more expensive and complex.

Guys if you are selling a product in 2021, it should be functional (on current screens it’s barely functionnal). If not make it a freeware.

EXACTLY!!! Hey, at least thanks for the demo so I know to spend my money elsewhere.  It’s one thing if you want to keep old graphics that are grainy, but you “at least” have to offer scaling.  Can’t make great music if you can’t see the interface.  LAME!!!

Kate Robinson
    Participant

thanks for posting these, Telecasterman. Unfortunately, you need to have EZDrummer installed, which i don’t.

Any help would be appreciated – the inability to create fullscreen means I can’t see anything on the EXKeys screen below the working track – half the circle and the line of knobs I see in the picture aren’t visible to me.

Thanks for any help.

Kate

joe
    Participant
    I use a 27″, 1440p monitor, and EZDrummer is TINY....

I use a 27″, 1440p monitor, and EZDrummer is TINY. ‘

Is there an option I’m not seeing to fix this? Was this designed for the iPhone?

I use a 27″, 1440p monitor, and EZDrummer is TINY. ‘

Is there an option I’m not seeing to fix this? Was this designed for the iPhone?

put a 17″ monitor beneath and MAKE EZDRUMMER GREAT AGAIN!!!

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

shadowself
    Participant

So, I shelled out more money for EZD3, mostly to get the scalable interface that should have been present in EZD2 years ago. Then I find out that this version with its shiny new scalable interface cannot be used in Reason because Propellerheads is also dragging its heels, but in their case it is with VST3 support. And not only will Toontrack refuse refunds, they will charge me to sell it to someone. I just can’t win.

• This post was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by shadowself.
    CyanideSmile
    Participant

I just go to options..then general tab..and take the check off “enable high DPI mode” then restart the DAW

skyler9
    Participant

I am on a mac. I grabbed the bottom left edge of the plugin window and dragged to the right and down. I then was able to access resize button. I chose reset in the sizing window. done.

ReneMusic
    Participant

Dear Toontrack

I am also annoyed that it is not possible to resize EZ Keys.

Toontrack has decided not to update the program and I will not “update”  products from Toontrack.

Totally unacceptable in 2023.

With regards René liebregt

Viewing 14 replies - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.