Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Is it possible to install all my Toontrack products on different harddrives?

Product Manager
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • KDG Music
    Participant

Hi Robin,

I would say, yes, to your questions. That is basically how I have mine installed except for that I have my Toontrack Sound-libraries stored on a external hard drive instead (personal choice) rather than have them installed on my internal SSD (OS, DLL’s and related) or internal hard drive, (used for my recording sessions only)

Also, I did manually select the directories and hard drive that I wanted the sound libraries installed on.  Though I can’t remember if I used the Toontrack Product Manager to do it.

Hope this helps in some way

Operating system: Windows 10
    John

Hi,

to expand KDG Music’s reply:

Yes, this is totally possible and how many choose to set up their systems.

Certain files, like .dll files and Factory Presets will always be installed to your internal hard drive but your sound libraries and MIDI repository can be Custom installed to external drives.

You can not download your files and install to the same folder, i.e. you can not set your Downloads folder in the Product Manager to e.g. ‘D:\Toontrack’ and then install sound libraries to ‘D:\Toontrack’. The second you ‘Clean Up’ in the Product Manager, you remove what you have installed.
    Setting your Downloads folder to e.g. ‘D:\Downloads’ and installing to ‘D:\Toontrack’ is the way to go.

When it comes to your ‘EZkeys’ and ‘EZdrummer’ products, you need to Custom install the first installation of each product so that the ‘EZHOME’ location gets set to the external drive and folder. After that all subsequent installations of EZK and EZX libraries will be installed to the right location automatically. So will Toontrack MIDI.

Your EZmix 2 products will always be installed to your internal drive but they do not occupy much space.

Your SDX:s have to be Custom installed to your external drive but the installer for each SDX gives you that option so it’s no problem.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: merd and KDG Music
    KDG Music
    Participant

Thank you John, for clarifying and wording it so that it is easier to understand….. Clear explanations are not my specialty… lol

So again thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Peace,

Karl (KDG Music)

ChrisInNOLA
    Participant

Hi,

New user here, just got EZ Drummer 2 and a few expansion packs.

after installing the main EZ Drummer 2 I am down to just over 2 GB left on my C drive (Windows 10)…

…should I uninstall and start over, and can I choose to store the large files to my 8TB external drive so I can actually use all my expansions?

Just want to be sure I’m installing everything correctly so that when I finally get time to start making music I am banging out beats, not my head!

thanks,

Chris

C.G. Smith of In the Corner of a Dream
    www.inthecornerofadream.com

Scott

Hi,

New user here, just got EZ Drummer 2 and a few expansion packs.

after installing the main EZ Drummer 2 I am down to just over 2 GB left on my C drive (Windows 10)…

…should I uninstall and start over, and can I choose to store the large files to my 8TB external drive so I can actually use all my expansions?

Just want to be sure I’m installing everything correctly so that when I finally get time to start making music I am banging out beats, not my head!

thanks,

Chris

You should be able to move the EZD2 folder and relink the content when you launch EZD2 again. See this FAQ.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: ChrisInNOLA
    ChrisInNOLA
    Participant

Thanks,

I use the Toontrack installer software – so no need to uninstall and reinstall?

I saw in another post online that there was probably a step I missed that allows me to choose the external drive as an install location.

Chris

C.G. Smith of In the Corner of a Dream
    www.inthecornerofadream.com

Scott

Thanks,

I use the Toontrack installer software – so no need to uninstall and reinstall?

I saw in another post online that there was probably a step I missed that allows me to choose the external drive as an install location.

Chris

No need to uninstall and reinstall if the steps are followed in the FAQ.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

slinky005
    Participant

Deleted

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    • This post was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by slinky005.
    john moerenhout
    Participant

hi just installed windows 10 had all products on D drive but when I change to 10 the drive changed to E cut long story short i deleted the now E drive and reinstalled everything on D drive but when i look again all my EZX S are on E drive i just cleared out  what dose not worry me but when i try install my SDX S i cant find the install directory . when go into SDX installer you have the window installer click on that except the license choose where to install the sound i choose D then selected folder lost tried the SL-Avatar SDX comes up with choose different destination folder the little install page dose not come up its driving me nuts please could you help im not that good on computers and live in a isolated place regards john

Deraniel
    Participant

Hi, new user here. Same problem for me. Used the Toontrack Product Manager and it did not allow me to chose where to install. Just put everything on C which is now full. How can I change the install directory for EZ drummer and the libraries?

• This post was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Deraniel.
    Rockpapst
    Participant

Hello,
    I use the Toontrack Product Manager for all my products.
    I would like to port all Toontrack products to an external medium.
    Do I have to reinstall the software?
    How can I export the existing files?

I have moved the Toontrack folder.
    However, the Product Manager then wants to reinstall the files.

Unfortunately, I cannot specify an external drive.

Operating system: macOS Sonoma (14)
    John

Hi,

to begin with, you shouldn’t move your Toontrack application folder post install, nor should you move any plug-ins.

What you can do, is move sound libraries for all current products post installation.

Please see this FAQ for moving libraries for all product:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-my-sound-libraries-expansions-to-an-external-drive/

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.