Is it possible to choke cymbals in EZDrummer?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott

I’m not sure I understand your question. Could you explain what you mean by ‘choke cymbals’?

The ‘Crash Muted’ cymbal articulations work like any I’ve heard or used…a loud crash…then the hand stopping the ringing.

If you’re asking how to set a cymbal up so you can do a ‘manual’ crash mute, ie. hit a key on your MIDI controller and then hit another key/knob to stop the ring, it can be done by setting up aftertouch on your MIDI controller.

Personally, I use a Korg PadKontrol (for the moment) and I’ve set one of the knobs to manually choke my crashes when programming.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

zonfar
    Participant

Yeah I mean to mute the cymbals, although the midi module we both have is a alesis trigger io which doesnt have aftertouch on it, I don’t suppose there’s any workarounds?

Rogue

I’m afraid there isn’t. On the ‘mute’ notes though, the lower in velocity the longer the sustain, so perhaps using a trigger dedicated and calibrated to your liking may yield some acceptable results.

Best Regards,
    RM

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

mario raimondi
    Participant

Bah..thys long rides that resonate for a liefetime are just a pain , do something about wake up! and let us confugure the midi notes , make ourr life easy guys come on

ravik
    Participant

Hi all!
    I have a Roland TD17KVX and I recently connected it with my laptop and I’m using EZ Drummer to get some more variety for the sound. However, whenever I try to get my audio from the EZ Drummer, my cymbal chokes simply don’t work. They work fine if I use my kit’s own module, so it doesn’t seem like a hardware issue. Can someone help me out with it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.