Instrumental rock-metal recorded using EZDrummer 2

User demos
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • valentinbk
    Participant

New release in the solo project – a melodic metal instrumental track

Brad
    Participant

Clean and smooth, extremely well played. Nice simple, yet compelling visual, fits nicely with the music.
    Bravo

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

valentinbk
    Participant

@Brad said:
    Clean and smooth, extremely well played. Nice simple, yet compelling visual, fits nicely with the music.
    Bravo  

Thanks Brad!

valentinbk
    Participant

Hey folks, just recently released a new track in the solo project called “Open Season”. The style is somewhere between hard rock and old school heavy metal

As usual, EZDrummer 2 is my drum software on this one.

Mark Grant
    Participant

Nice work Valentin,

I like the Harmonic Minor sounds on Sandstorm. At least I think it sounds Harmonic Minor.

Some very cool rhythm riffs later into the 3rd one. Heavy stuff but with a good groove.

I’ll try to check your latest one soon.

Good job with the drums too.

www.zeroempire.net

valentinbk
    Participant

Nice work Valentin,

I like the Harmonic Minor sounds on Sandstorm. At least I think it sounds Harmonic Minor.

Some very cool rhythm riffs later into the 3rd one. Heavy stuff but with a good groove.

I’ll try to check your latest one soon.

Good job with the drums too.

Thanks! Sandstorm is in Phrygian Dominant, a mode of it.

• This post was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by valentinbk.
    Mark Grant
    Participant

Phrygian Dominant, ok. I like it. Has that cool middle eastern sound to me

www.zeroempire.net

• This post was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Mark Grant.
    valentinbk
    Participant

Phrygian Dominant, ok. I like it. Has that cool middle eastern sound to me

Oh yeah, it’s a really fun scale

valentinbk
    Participant

Just put out a mini release with an extended, heavier ending for Open Season:

valentinbk
    Participant

Hey folks, just got a new release out, this one is on the heavy-thrash side.
    As usual, I got EZDrummer 2 (Modern Kit) for the drum sounds, and I used EZMix 2 for some compression on the master bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJPKpQrwBeQ

Hope you’ll enjoy this one

valentinbk
    Participant

Hey folks, just released a new one, also on the heavy-thrash side.

This one though is a little different from the usual ones. The drums here were programmed by Ryan Van Poederooyen (who did a phenomenal job), and I got the Metalheads expansion for the drum sounds here

Hope you’ll dig the result!

valentinbk
    Participant

New track is now up, this one is more on the prog metal side.

Ryan Van Poederooyen programmed the drums on this one as well (and did quite an amazing job). Metalheads expansion for EZDrummer 2 was used for the sounds, for the most part based on Ryan’s actual kit (everything except for the snare).

Hope you’ll dig it

valentinbk
    Participant

Hey guys, new track is here. This time I was aiming to do sort of a mix between alt rock and heavy metal, leaning more towards the heavy side. Huge emphasis on the bass part here. Ryan Van Poederooyen programmed the drums on this one too, and took it to directions I couldn’t even imagine.

Hope you’ll dig it

ORanesteer
    Participant

Hello, Valentin. I am happy to find people like you on this forum. It’s not often you have to meet soloists here. I visited your YouTube channel, and I so sincerely like what you are doing. It sounds good and clean. I am a huge fan of metal, rock and so on. So I appreciate what you’re doing. From this day on, I am your fan and a subscriber to YouTube 🙂

Just a music lover and part-time developer at Andersen.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.