Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Included Keyboard style Drum Maps for EZDrummer 2 products

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott

The pdf MIDI layouts can be accessed in EZD2 from:

Menu-About Sound Libraries-(Select library in question)-MIDI Layout.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

@Scott said:

Thanks for that, Scott!

2 questions please:

1) Some of the keys have two articulations assigned to a single key (e.g., 37-40, and 66-71, the “Hand Selection” and “Finger Selection” sections).

What does that mean, to have one key assigned to two articulations? I’m confused about how to put that in my drum map.

2) Also – some of the descriptions are in black, and some are in gray (the latter labelled, “Alias”). What is the significance of that?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

1) What library are you asking about?

2) Aliases are keys that are duplicately mapped i.e. the same mapping on multiple keys.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

@Scott said:
    1) What library are you asking about?

Looking at Nashville, EZD2 now, thanks.

@Scott said:
    2) Aliases are keys that are duplicately mapped i.e. the same mapping on multiple keys.  

Can you explain that a little more please? How do they come in handy, how do I use them?

Thanks!

Scott

1) In the Nashville EZX, there is a kit that is played with the hands and bit sticks. When using that kit, those articulations would be those indicated in the Hands Selection section. When using a kit with sticks or brushes, the regular articulations would be referenced.

2) Aliases are useful when you are playing a MIDI keyboard so there aren’t ‘dead keys’. Each key triggers an articulation.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

@Scott said:
    1) In the Nashville EZX, there is a kit that is played with the hands and bit sticks. When using that kit, those articulations would be those indicated in the Hands Selection section. When using a kit with sticks or brushes, the regular articulations would be referenced.

2) Aliases are useful when you are playing a MIDI keyboard so there aren’t ‘dead keys’. Each key triggers an articulation.  

OK for both of those, thanks.

@Scott said:

It looks like there is a printing error on the Nashville “Piano View” – Cymbal 1 Crash/Mute are switched in position from Cymbal 2 Crash/Mute, when comparing with the information listed in the drop downs in the actual drum kit. No biggie, just something for you to pass along to the printer for the next version!

(Please check me on that – I’ve been doing this for several hours now, my eyes are bleary!)

wargoalex
    Participant

can you remove alias’s?

My drumset (simmons SD2000) sends the midi number “86” when I

play my hi hat partially open. Instead of playing a half open hi hat it plays

the bow of the ride. How do I fix this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.