One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

I need some more ears!!!

User demos
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hey GORILLA,

Is this YOUR stuff??? :-S

Right not being brutal but i think aside from the mix, i think you’re going to struggle getting much definition as there seems to be an inherent timing issue between the guitars and drums…

Aside from that it’s lacking consistancy, the drums are sort of coming in and out of the mix, i’d said sidechain the guitars off the kick a lil, that’ll give it some breathing space, after that, get some more low end on the drums, the guitars have waaay more freq’s going on, perhaps a lil low end roll off on the twangers?

The snare also seems to be peaking and the cymbals aren’t as crisp as they could be, i think the guitars are dominating the mix a touch for the moment..

If you’re not already doing parallel buss compression on the drums, maybe worth a shot, are you already? and what about overall reverb have you given the mix it’s own room to help gel all the components?

Certainly wasn’t aiming to be rude but i’m sure I’ve heard stuff from you before and this seemed like a major league leap backwards

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

GORILLA
    Participant

No prob Volitan. We have like four different variations and I had 3 on but removed them and left this one. Thanks for replying, I’m trying out hahaha 4 different finishing/master buss setups and a few other things. Thanks man!!!

http://www.metalmusicians.net/<- click here for GORILLA'S website!!!!!

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hey GORILLA!

Just going back over what I read, and I still wanted to apologise if I came across too harsh, I was pretty full on!

Anyways, do you have an update on it yet, would be cool to hear more!

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Coryd
    Participant

Heavy stuff Gorilla!!!!
    I dig it! Drum tones sound really nice! So do the guitars! Did you use Axe Fx for the tones?

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Robert Walker
    Participant

Sounds like it needs some bass frequencies to bring up the drums. The guitars do sound nice and thick.

GORILLA
    Participant

Thanks for the ears and replies! Axe Fx yes.

http://www.metalmusicians.net/<- click here for GORILLA'S website!!!!!

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Sorry man but this just isn;t doing it for me, the guitars seem out of time, I mean don’t get me wrong I’m getting the sludgey vibe but it’s just not sounding tight, and man seriously, the kick… the snare… not sounding like they are adding anything to the mix except plastic overtones…

Maybe I’m just missing something, what are people listening to tracks on?

Regards

D.

Robert Walker
    Participant

Sounds great! But I’d mix the bass a little louder…lacks punch and bottom end. But great sound.

charvell
    Participant

i like it , keep up the good work

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.