Humanize

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

I don’t know about the kicks but snare’s cracks are real pain in the a…

Juicy
    Participant

It is fair enough that some may not want the cool old features removed is it not.?
    I use it for specific Non Humanized Snare ,Kick and also Cymbals cuz sometimes the random pool may just bring in a harsh clanger i do not wish to hear EVER..

On another note people need to be aware as it relates.
    Here is a biggie ,
    Installed EZD2 now EZD1 is not showing at all it appears to be gone, i did not remove it ?
    In LogicX i now only have EZD2 and SD2 as choices not my beloved little helper EZD1.
    Plz tell me i am wrong .

Scott

EZdrummer 2 replaces the EZdrummer 1 plugin. You won’t have both.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

paul lekman
    Participant

i agree please make a off/on button for humanize
    like to have control of, how, when, soft, hard my drumming is

im back to ezdrum2 after some time in s2
    turned off humanize in s2

paulsky

Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

it would be nice to have 0-100% knob with some options like swing, timing, velocity… simply to have a choice and control.

Naiboli
    Participant

I actually love the (EDIT: sample pool) humanize- effect you’ve done and I don’t think I’d ever want to turn it off. But I understand if some do (you can do it in your DAW if you really have to).

But like fdisk wrote, I’d love to have knobs to adjust timing etc.
    For example I have your Indie Folk EZX (which by the way sounds amazing) and the midis are great but sometimes I’d really love to adjust some fills a little more even if it’s too swingy for my purpose. And so on. Sure I can do this on my DAW if I import the midi but it is pretty slow work.

Now I don’t know anything about programming but I can imagine coding something like that is incredibly difficult. But that’s a feature I’d really love to have some day.

Jym Feat
    Participant

you paid [extra] money to buy [real] grooves played by excellent [human] drummers, and you’d rather have them sound as if they were machine-generated… isn’t that actual perversion?

Naiboli
    Participant

I hope your reply wasn’t for me Jym Feat cos if it was then you misunderstood me.

What I mean is that these excellent drummers (which they really are) know themselves that these grooves can be played in different ways. For example shuffle beat can be played more even or more shuffle. I really love it when some drummers play a really swingy groove and when they play a fill it’s less swingy (I don’t know other English word than “even”).

The midis we have are not the only way to play them well. And different drummers may have their own swing feel. And so do guitarists and bassists and so on.

So I’m not looking for grooves that sound like machine-generated, in fact quite the opposite.

EDIT: I’d like to add that I like the product very much already, I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining Smile

brendt allman
    Participant

I would state that the Humanize feature in EZD1 was ABSOLUTELY more noticeable than it is in EZD2. So much so, that it brought me to searching the net to see if Humanize was actually broken in EZD2. I used to hear 4 distinct snare hits (at same velocity) and now the variations are almost unnoticeable.

My next search will probably be on how to uninstall EZD2 and get my better sounds backConfused

/edit
    This is especially noticeable by simply mouse clicking the snare on the drummer tab. I hear 2 separate snare hits instead of the 4 I used to hear in EZD1 (specifically talking about Metal Machine pack, but i have noticed similar results in other EZX packs as well).

Basically, the defining feature of the greatness of EZDrummer (for me) is not so great anymore….

/edit /edit

In conversations with tech support, not only did I prove that the Metal Machine EZX pack Humanize feature is broken, but I’m now being told that this is an “intended feature” of Metal machine now to sound (get this…) “more metal” and that i should use a “less metal pack” if i want more varied snare hits. They’ve intentionaly limited Metal Machine pack to 2 sample hits unless you use the very top velocity layer. WTF?! Mind you, this pack worked perfectly fine before these undocumented changes where made by toontrack. This is simply amazing…and unacceptable.

feeling massive buyers remorse. Frown

I’m definitely done with putting anymore money into this company for sure though and will be advising my clients similarly.

Erik Phersson

@frankenvader said:

I would state that the Humanize feature in EZD1 was ABSOLUTELY more noticeable than it is in EZD2.

There must be some kind of miscommunication between the development team and support. Apologize for that.

We have been looking into this and found that there is indeed something unexpected going on in certain libraries, Metal Machine and Metal! are two of them. Thank you for pointing this out to us! We are looking into how to solve this issue without changing how EZdrummer 2 plays in projects that are already created. Most likely it will involve both an update of EZdrummer 2 and updates to the affected EZXs.

We also found another thing while looking into this and that is that in EZdrummer 1, you would get the samme issue when first loading one of the affected EZXs. It would then change to a more comprehensive randomize upon toggling the Humanize switch or saving and reopening your project.

Another thing which makes this issue more apparent in EZdrummer 2 is that we have set the preview velocity (when you click the drums in the interface) to 126. In EZdrummer 1 it was 127 and at that layer you would not hear any difference since the setting that was affected only shows below 127.

For all practical purposes, this issue was present already in EZdrummer 1 when combined with the relevant EZXs. The work around for the time beeing is to save the project and re-open it. The Humanize in EZdrummer 2 will then behave exactly as EZdrummer 1. Please be aware that you will have to do this everytime you change to one of the affected EZXs.

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

Juicy
    Participant

@Erik said:
    We also found another thing while looking into this and that is that in EZdrummer 1, you would get the samme issue when first loading one of the affected EZXs. It would then change to a more comprehensive randomize upon toggling the Humanize switch or saving and reopening your project.

Myself and another Active Member were talking about this <fell on Deaf ears< 2 years ago !!!!!!
    i knew we were not paranoid but correct, your ears don’t lie.

Check out the main EZD2 Vintage kit snare drum , one snare hit is around 1.3 db more louder , Logics meters clip and stay red until cleared ,Annoying,
    Sure, 1db is not too much but how come it only happens in that library ?
    Perhaps 1/2 a db would not clip.

Just an opinion and still a TT FanBoy.

Embarassed

Erik Phersson

Juicy, please check the old thread: https://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/ezdrummer-humanize-sounds-terrible/#p143907

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

brendt allman
    Participant

@Erik said:
    We also found another thing while looking into this and that is that in EZdrummer 1, you would get the same issue when first loading one of the affected EZXs. It would then change to a more comprehensive randomize upon toggling the Humanize switch or saving and reopening your project.
    …….

For all practical purposes, this issue was present already in EZdrummer 1 when combined with the relevant EZXs. The work around for the time beeing is to save the project and re-open it. The Humanize in EZdrummer 2 will then behave exactly as EZdrummer 1. Please be aware that you will have to do this everytime you change to one of the affected EZXs.

Thanks for the input. I’ve been considering uninstalling/selling EZD2, as I still have the original installer files for EZD1 and Metal Machine packs. I’d never had an issue with the Metal machine pack until EZD2 came along and essentially killed the humanize function in Metal Machine snares. Has there been any further investigation into this? I’m still rather chapped at the fact that customer support told me that this was some new “intended feature” :/

Also, I assume that by “Save the project and re-open it” you mean to do so in your DAW, yes?

thanks –

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

>Also, I assume that by “Save the project and re-open it” you mean to do so in your DAW, yes?

Yes. I.e. in all loaded projects EZ2 should behave in the same way as EZ1 would
    in this respect. So, in my opinion going back to EZ1 is not necessary.

>Has there been any further investigation into this? I’m still rather chapped at the fact
    > that customer support told me that this was some new “intended feature” :/

I think Erik has already answered that in his June 30 post. From our perspective
    the issue is understood and what remains is to release some fix for it. We hope
    to do that in the next update of EZ2.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

michael smith
    Participant

Please add a humanise button! At least for the kicks!! It just doesn’t work and is all that’s lacking in this awesome software

DOWNLOAD MY DEMO LEARNING ALBUMS FREE
    https://soundcloud.com/smitco-studio...ration-balance
    https://soundcloud.com/smitco-studio...ion-balance-ii

MY PAGES
    http://www.reverbnation.com/icbinter...brationbalance
    https://soundcloud.com/smitco-studios
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWNqLI30G8

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.