Humanize

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Erik Phersson

Humanize is now always on. Would you like to be able to turn it off?

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

Juicy
    Participant

Control is good so yes and why not be able to turn it off ?

Hopefully there must be some way to control it or its kinda backwards. how silly.

Robert Peveler
    Participant

I guess quantize can be used to remove it?

Erik Phersson

@Peveler said:

I guess quantize can be used to remove it?

No, humanize is only for choosing which samples to play from the sample pool. Without it the playback would feature the machine gun effect that is typical for… well, less natural sounding drum samplers. It has nothing to do with the actual timing of the drummer. We removed the control since we figured that no one would ever want to turn it off.

Head Of Development

thomas911
    Participant

Hello,

Let me see if I understand this correct: If I copy a groove say like four times after each other, all hits will be in the exact same spot (time) on all the copied bars?
    That is, there is no randomizing of the timing of the hits? (No problem for me, I can use Cubase for that. Just want to make sure what is happening in EZD2)

Erik Phersson

Yes. But it will not sound the same. This is the beauty of humanize. It will select different hits. Try it and you will hear what I mean.

Head Of Development

StudioRyde
    Participant

I love the Humanize fonction, congrats for it ToonTrack !
    I find that the effect is less noticeable now in EZ2 though. I was looking for the knob to turn it on ! I prefer EZ1 for this one.

Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

So… are you going to add humanize on/off switch or 0-100% control knob???

Erik Phersson

No, not unless enough users convince us that it’s something they absolutely must have.

I have a feeling that this discussion exist because there’s a missconception as to what the Humanize button actually did in EZdrummer 1. As I wrote above, Humanize is only for choosing which samples to play from the sample pool. It has nothing to do with the actual timing of the drummer.

It’s on now, all the time, exactly as it probably was for all users in EZdrummer 1. So the feature has not been removed.

Head Of Development

Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

I don’t care about timing. I want to control which specific sample is played by velocity parameter i my step sequencer… and since I’ve done that with humanize option off in EZD1 using EZD2 will change all my drum track the way I don’t want to.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

The ‘humanize off’ feature is not gone it just has no GUI to control it.
    Old projects which had the humanize off will continue that way in EZD2.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

What about new projects? If humanize is on by default how do I turn it off?

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Well, that’s the thing, you can’t. You have to start with a project
    that has it turned off. And continue to make a lot of noise to
    show that you need this feature.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Karol Przybyszewski
    Participant

My adventure with toontrack’s EZXs has just ended :,-( – I’m staying with EZD1…
    THX4HELL:-P

Jym Feat
    Participant

Humanizing must occasionally be turned off; at least two situations come to mind:

1. with dual-kick kits, humanized midi patterns will insist on unrealistically alternating every other bass-drum hits between each kick, even when the pattern is already programmed internally to switch kicks on purpose, I mean in the case of a pattern programmed to switch to kick 1 (i.e. midi note 36) and to kick 2 (i.e. midi note 35 or 34) intentionally…

2. I’ve come across situations where loud snare cracks ruined the track consistency by happening sporadically, and couldn’t be controlled by velocity: this could only be solved by turning the H option off!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.