How to contact customer service?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant
    Whitten
    Participant

What’s the problem?
    You are on a Mac right? Which one?

leeandrewedwards
    Participant

Thanks for responding.
    * Original problem: Trying to install EZDrummer on my MacBook Pro, Mac OSX 10.6.6. Same copy ran fine on my iMac, but that’s been sold. I believe my version of EZDrummer is 1.0.4. Error message when trying to install on MBP: “The following installation step failed: run postflight script for EZDrummer Content. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.” So question #1 is How do I fix that?
    * Support problem: When I go to the support portal that you re-routed me to (I had tried that at the beginning of this adventure), there is no option that I can find for contacting a human, just recommendations that aren’t relevant. So I’d LOVE help with the original problem, AND I still want to know for the future: how do I contact a human?–question #2. It wasn’t clear to me that this forum is appropriate, but it was the closest thing I could find. [Please pass this along to the powers that be: customer support that’s very difficult to access feels disrespectful. Not your fault, I’m sure.] Thank you in advance for help with these questions, Lee

Scott

See this FAQ:

http://www.toontrack.com/helpdesk/issue_view_portal.asp?ID=25

If it doesn’t help and you need to contact support, click the ‘Contact Support’ button.

Not knowing the exact error message I would recommend the following:

1) Download and run the Full Download installer from your Toontrack account (see pic below)

2) Run the 1.2.1 updater

3) Launch EZdrummer

BTW, I’m actually a human being

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: leeandrewedwards
    [Please pass this along to the powers that be: customer support that’s very difficult to access feels disrespectful.

I think that’s unfair.
    Apart from the actual support portal, people like Scott and I are online, and when we’re not, several of the Toontrack support team in Northern Europe when it’s not the middle of the night.
    There are support areas of this forum too.
    Did you read the ‘IMPORTANT. Read before posting’ message at the top of the forum?
    If not, here it is: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=98697

Finally, don’t expect Apple or Microsoft style 24 hour hotlines etc. Toontrack have one office in Sweden and a few more than a dozen employees. Having said that, Toontrack have set up an easily accessible support system via a third party, Obedia.

Martin

Let me correct that last part. Toontrack is no longer partners with Obedia for support, we handle everything ourselves now.

In the Support Portal, you might need to scroll down to see the Contact Support button. Or, as Scott and Chris pointed out, there’s a lot of helpful people on this forum pretty much every hour of the day, regardless of time zone.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Whitten
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t know that.

simon
    Participant

hi all

how do you get support for toontrack products

I emailed via the portal a few days ago and got a confirmation email saying I would be contacted within 24 hours – which of course didn’t happen. I’ve chased a few times since but still nothing. Additionally your support portal doesn’t give out an kind of reference number or ticket ID so it’s impossible to track your problem.

Martin

Hi Simon,

we are sorry for the delay. We didn’t have an immediate answer to your question so we had to forward it to our programmers. I hope to be able to get back to you tomorrow.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

toonforumpassword
    Participant

Waahhh

Absolutely infuriated by wasting so much of my life trying to get EZ Drummer working within Logic !

I’ve now spent perhaps one whole hour trying to register – getting “authorisation codes”, passwords etc etc.

I still can’t break through their fort knox paranoic software pirating nonsense. I’ve now given up and will reccommend that no one uses this ridciulous software.

EZ Drummer – go to hell !!

simon
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Martin

Hi Simon,

we are sorry for the delay. We didn’t have an immediate answer to your question so we had to forward it to our programmers. I hope to be able to get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply. All it needs is a little bit of communication.

Michael

Absolutely infuriated by wasting so much of my life trying to get EZ Drummer working within Logic !

I’ve now spent perhaps one whole hour trying to register – getting “authorisation codes”, passwords etc etc.

If your problem is only with the authorization, we’d suggest you try authorizing through Toontrack Solo instead. Sometimes keyboard commands in Logic interfere with letters in the authorization code. The latest version of Toontrack Solo is available from your Toontrack account.

To launch EZdrummer in Logic, Please first create an instrument track. Then open the Mixer and click the I/O button and select AU instruments > Toontrack > EZDrummer > Stereo or Multichannel.

You will then see the EZdrummer plugin.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

francomusica
    Participant

I am trying to use the support portal and after I click on send it doesn’t work. How else can I get my authorizations to clear up in my account… I see I am not the only one that has this problem….

Franco

AtDeepOf Unseen
    Participant

Sorry if this is not the right place, but i don’t know where else i can find support for my problem; i tried the FAQ and wrote to the customer service, but i’m still stucked.

I bought Ez Metal Machine and it works when i use it with Toontrack Solo, but when i open it from Reaper’s host i can see only half of the drums, when i click i do not ear nothing and when playn midi files i can hear only the kick drum; could that be a Ram problem? I’m running W7 with 4 gb ram, and Reaper 3-06…

Scott

Hi Fabrizio,

I’ve granted you Support Forum access so please log out, then back in and start a thread over in the EZdrummer Support Forum:

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=32

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.