How to Connecting TD-20 to Toontrack Solo?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Platinum Samples
    Participant

Check out: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=78362

Do you see any check boxes next to your MIDI devices?

Rail

Professionally Recorded Multitrack Drum Samples
    http://tinyurl.com/26k2xjo
    www.platinumsamples.com

schimmel
    Participant

I saw that thread earlier but it didn’t help. Yes, the check box for the MIDI device is there and is selected.

Damian Blunt

I know this is probably a silly question but do you have the ‘MIDI output’ of your TD-20 plugged in to the ‘MIDI input’ on your E-mu device?

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

schimmel
    Participant

No they’re in their proper places.

Whitten
    Participant

These are the proper places aren’t they?

ORIGINAL: grandaddy
    do you have the ‘MIDI output’ of your TD-20 plugged in to the ‘MIDI input’ on your E-mu device?

Damian Blunt

Yes

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Whitten
    Participant

The question was directed at schimmel who had said ‘no’.

schimmel
    Participant

It was connected properly, I just said no because I had not read the question word for word. I just glimpsed at in, out, td-20, e-mu and assumed he was asking if I had mixed-up the in and out-puts literally. So I had replied no, implying that it wasn’t mixed-up. It started working, after I finnished installing the rest of metal foundry, for reasons I do not know. The latency is very bad. Going to have to work on that. For a single hit it take almost a second for a sound to be played, and for successive hits, anything faster than ~ 1/4s @ 200bpm, timming is skewed and notes are cut out. Going to research. You are welcomed to point me in the right direction, as I have close to no knowledge of these things and am figuring it out as I go along.

Rogue

there are much information lacking for anyone to be able to help you, not least what audio interface you are using. Are you using the latest ASIO drivers for it?

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

schimmel
    Participant

I use ASIO4ALL (the latest ver from asio4all.com.) Unless whatever came with stock with my cpu counts as an audio interface, I don’t have one.

schimmel
    Participant

Looked at another thread which prompted me to check the audio device selection in tt solo. Changed it to ASIO4ALL v2 instead of realtek and I think it’s playable now (only tested some soft single strokes, at the moment, because regular playing would wake everyone in the house .)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.