Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Hit Factory Kit

User demos
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • jgro002
    Participant

Nice.

I actually really love the sound of the close mics in this library (more than the other NY libraries). They seem to take processing very well, allowing you to really mold the drums into different sounds. I find it more versatile than Avatar for instance in terms of how much you can alter the tone of say the kicks just by using eq and compression, which means this library could lend itself to being used in different musical genres. Just my impression of it anyway.

And the room definitely has ‘a sound’. It’s cool that it really works for you. Just out of interest, what sort of genres do you see (hear) the Hit Factory room working the best for? Because I think even if you mute the room mics (and just have the overheads and close mics) you can still hear the room alot. It probably wouldn’t be the best library for a close, up-front drum sound but would be good for rock, punk etc or anything where you wanna hear the drums more at the back of the mix (once again just IMHO)

Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Glennbo
    Participant

ORIGINAL: jgro002

Nice.

I actually really love the sound of the close mics in this library (more than the other NY libraries). They seem to take processing very well, allowing you to really mold the drums into different sounds. I find it more versatile than Avatar for instance in terms of how much you can alter the tone of say the kicks just by using eq and compression, which means this library could lend itself to being used in different musical genres. Just my impression of it anyway.

And the room definitely has ‘a sound’. It’s cool that it really works for you. Just out of interest, what sort of genres do you see (hear) the Hit Factory room working the best for? Because I think even if you mute the room mics (and just have the overheads and close mics) you can still hear the room alot. It probably wouldn’t be the best library for a close, up-front drum sound but would be good for rock, punk etc or anything where you wanna hear the drums more at the back of the mix (once again just IMHO)

Jeremy.

I haven’t yet had a chance to explore the entire sample set, but from what I’ve hear of this kit, I know I’ll be going for it first most of the time.  I never really liked the Avatar kit and was kind of disappointed when I got Superior 2.  I had previously had (still do actually) EZ-Drummer, and I always used the DFH sample set with it, coz I didn’t like the Avatar sound as much.  Anyway, I’ve been using the DW samples that came with DFHS in Superior now for over a year, but the NY Studios Vol. 2 will finally get me to use a sample set that was actually made for Superior 2.

I’ll be spending some time with it this weekend and will hopefully get this kit and the Allair kit dialed in.  Right now, my kick is too sensitive with the Hit Factory kit and ends up slamming too much of the time, and the toms are a little under sensitive for my pad kit, but I’ll get that all tweaked this weekend. 

bridger
    Participant

Nice chops Glennbo. That is a sweet sounding kit. I am new to Edrums, Midi, and Superior Drummer. With Kits sounding like that one, I’m thinking I’m going to love it.

Glennbo
    Participant

ORIGINAL: bridger

Nice chops Glennbo. That is a sweet sounding kit. I am new to Edrums, Midi, and Superior Drummer. With Kits sounding like that one, I’m thinking I’m going to love it.

Thanks Bridger!

I’ve done a few more tests with the kits from NY Studios Vol. 2, and put them up here.  The Allaire samples in this expansion pack are pretty cool too.  I made a kit using the 26″ Slingerland kick, and adding some crunch from the Sansamp channel (which is is a set of distortion samples of the kit) to get a BIG John Bonham kind of sound.  The other tests I’ve been doing with this sample set are here: 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=403575

Scott
    Participant

I never tire of hearing those kits.
    Very nice work, Sir.

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

Glennbo
    Participant

ORIGINAL: WaterBoy

I never tire of hearing those kits.
    Very nice work, Sir.

Scott

Thanks Scott!  This sample set is finally getting me to use SDX based samples.  Since I bought Superior 2, I’ve continued to use the DW samples from Superior 1, because they just sound and play better than the Avatar samples (to me at least), but now I’ve got some SDX based samples that  I like as well as the older DW samples.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.