HiHat level in Mixer – Superior Drummer 2.0

Studio Corner
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Scott

There is no ‘right level’ for any kit piece. It comes down to how it sounds in the mix and/or how your ears perceive the balances.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Geno Plitt
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback Scott. I know what you mean. I was just wondering for those that are E-drummers what level most matches the feel of a “real” kit. I originally thought the default of -11.2 was too low so I bumped it up to -7. However, after I incorporated Superior Drummer in about a dozen of my projects I found that that level just doesn’t sound right. I put it back down to -11.2 and am going into all of my projects and adjusting all the velocities of the Hats accordingly and the hats sound much more natural.

Of course Velocities and Mix Volume on the Hats aren’t interchangeable. For example a velocity of 80 when mix is -11 may acheive the same loudness as a Velocity of 100 when mix is -7. But the two hits don’t sound the same. I’m finding that -11 sounds more natural. Going through and adjusting all my projects is a very tedious task and I wanted to get other peoples opinions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.