Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Hi Hat and positional sensing

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bassmeister
    Participant

Just to be clear, I am bouncing the pedal during the HH strikes to illustrate the problem clearly. I did get better results by limiting the max value of cc4 to 120 to avoid getting the ‘tight’ articulations (mentioned in another thread), but it’s still not quite right.
    I’d be highly surprised if it was PC hardware-related given the performance of my system with everything else (updated in profile), though I do accept the DTXpress pedal might suck. Even so, DFHS hats still sound better at the moment.

Bassmeister
    Participant

The 2.0.1 update seems to have improved things a lot. I haven’t tried the midi sequence again, but based on some general playing last night I didn’t notice any of the abrupt ‘cutting-off’ of samples.

Bassmeister
    Participant

Here’s the proof:

DFHS followed by Superior 2.0:

http://jezstephenson.f2s.com/toon/HHTest.mp3

DFHS followed by Superior 2.0.1

http://jezstephenson.f2s.com/toon/HHTest2.mp3

So, nothing to do with my edrums then!

Thanks for fixing guys.

juan barake
    Participant

Hi i was wondering if any one can help me with my hi hat: I am trying to set up a 2 trigger (roland cy-8) hi hat with my dm10 module. i used to use a one trigger hi hat witch worked well. Now what i did is that i connected the cy 8 to a to a 2 trigger input and i try to set it this way but it just does not work: ” 1. Load toontrack solo and select your drumkit. 2. Right click the HiHat to select it. 3. In the “Instrument” Pane (lower right hand corner), go through each Articulation one-by-one and press “remove” to completely clear out all default assignments. (most articulations have multiple assignments, so clear them all out. Doing this step ensures that there are no unanticipated HiHat events) 4. Play the pedal and verify that Superior 2.0 triggers absolutely no sounds. 5. Mapping the pedal controller: Choose the “hatsCtrl”‘ articulation. Type ‘CC4’ in the Key field and press enter. 6. Mapping the Open edge zone: Choose the “hatsTrig” articulation. Leave the HiHat pedal open completely. Press “Learn”. Strike the edge of the HiHat with stick. Should result in a mapped Key of ”D0″. (or if you are viewing MIDI Notes as Numbers: 26) 7. Mapping the Open bow zone: Choose the “hatsTipTrig” articulation. Leave the HiHat pedal open completely. Press “Learn”. Strike the bow of the HiHat with stick. Should result in a mapped Key of “A#1”. (or if you are viewing MIDI Notes as Numbers: 46) 8. Mapping the Closed edge zone: Choose the “hatsTrig” articulation. Step on the HiHat pedal to close it (important: do that before you Press “Learn”). Press “Learn”. Strike the edge of the HiHat with stick. Should result in an additional mapped key of “A#-1” to the “hatsTrig” articulation. (or if you are viewing MIDI Notes as Numbers: 22). You can view all mapped keys to an articulation by right clicking in the Key field. 9. Mapping the Closed bow zone: Choose the “hatsTipTrig” articulation. Step on the HiHat pedal to close it (important: do that before you Press “Learn”). Press “Learn”. Strike the bow of the HiHat with stick. Should result in an additional mapped key of “F#1” to the “hatsTipTrig” field. (or if you are viewing MIDI Notes as Numbers: 42) 10. Mapping the Foot chick and Foot splash: Choose the “Closed Pedal” articulation. With the HiHat open, press “Learn”. Step on the HiHat to close it. Should result in a mapped key of “G#1”. (or if you are viewing MIDI Notes as Numbers: 44) If you like the way your HiHat is working, Save your MIDI Preset now so that you have a starting point to load just the HiHat (it requires the most tweaking, the rest of the kit is quick and easy to map with the “learn” feature).” Any ideas? PPLEASSSSS HELP!! THANKS!!

John

please see my reply to your other post

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.