Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Getting more volume when tracking

Studio Corner
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dingo
    Participant

Normaly I’d just turn the volume up on my audio unit for the headphone mix and turn everything else down on the Logic faders, except the drums. Are you using headphones? If not try invest in a pair.

Regards, Marcus.

GORILLA
    Participant

Mute the tracks you really don’t need playing when doing your drums! Assign your tracks so that you can hear say just the guitars and not your drums thru your headphones. Or just one guitar, if it’s the left or right side guitar… move it to the center for tracking. There’s many ways to get heard when tracking I’ve tracked Guys who just want to hear the bass and the click and they throw down brutal takes. Some keepers even within the first three hahahaha.

http://www.metalmusicians.net/<- click here for GORILLA'S website!!!!!

Juicy
    Participant

Yeah what they said,
    also…
    turn the vocal(s) way down /off will give you extra room . Usually i have a limiter on SD2 stereo outs so never encountered this problem.
    Take care of your ears mate you dont actually need to slam them .Not sure if you play with dynamics or its all full tilt ,please try a limiter it will make the softer parts more louder but not too much of a worry.

If im tracking and listening to SD2 sounds i may even keep my TD20x sound playing thru to an amp to get a feeling of bottom end in the room,this can make it “feel” better.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.