Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Finding sounds on Piano Roll

Studio Corner
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

In EZdrummer 2 you can go to Settings/MIDI Events and enable “MIDI out”. Clicking a drum will send that MIDI note to your DAW.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

onewayout_1
    Participant

Thanks Henrick,

I just checked that in my EZD2 and restarted my DAW (Reaper) and it is not responding to the PIANO ROLL…Is there something I need to do in my DAW?

Henrik
    Participant

What I did (in Logic, on a Mac) was to enable MIDI out. Then I recorded some MIDI into Logic while clicking on some drums – which were recorded. Does that work for you in Reaper?

Check that Reaper is listening to all MIDI channels so that it doesn’t miss something sent out by EZdrummer 2.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

onewayout_1
    Participant

I Have tried this and It is still not showing up on my Piano roll in reaper….I am still looking to see if all the inputs see the midi…If you have any other suggestions plz lemme know…Thanks again Henrick!

Scott

Are you asking about loading a drum map in Reaper? There are drum maps for some Toontrack libraries on the Reaper Stash:

http://stash.reaper.fm/tag/MIDI-Drum-Maps

To load these maps (the ones with .txt extension), in the MIDI editor: File->Customize note names-> Load note names from file.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

onewayout_1
    Participant

Cheers Scott,

But I actually HAVE those drum maps but some of the HITS and PERC pads and such on some of the EZX’s (ie. Hip hop/Electronic/Number #1 hits ect..) are hard to Sus out where they show up on the Piano roll even when they are LABELED…LOL There are sooo many cool sounds and pad hits sometimes I just get LOST trying to figure out where to trigger them from…So That’s why I was hoping there was a way to just hit the drums in the EZX and see the piano roll respond, like the reverse of when you hit the piano roll and see the drums respond….Confused

Scott

You can see what notes are triggered by each kit piece from the EZD2 interface.

Details-Note-Name.png

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

onewayout_1
    Participant

DOH!! Wink

Thanks!! I look at them all the time and it didn’t click…lol

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.