EZX limitations using V-drums in Superior?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Scott

I’m interested in an EZX, but have never used one in Superior.  Are there limitations to its use with V-drums? I’m not so much interested in routing or mics, but from a flexibility point of view, as far as building kits for instance?  Also, does MIDI learn work on EZX kit pieces and can they be assigned as X-drums?

In general, the limitations to EZXs are less samples per kit piece (layers/samples per layer), 16-bit samples vs. 24-bit samples in S2, less kit pieces per slot (not in all cases), samples pre-processed, less mic bleeding, and less articulations per kit piece.

Any kit piece of any EZX can be used as an X-drum in S2 and can be layered using the MIDI node feature as well. Yes, MIDI ‘Learn’ works with the X-drums like any kit piece/articulations. You select the ‘X-drum’ and articulation from the ‘Instrument’ menu and click the ‘Learn’ button as usual. Generally, there is more flexibility when using an EZX library inside S2. You have access to the Envelope section in S2 as well as you can adjust the bleeds extensively, well for the bleeds that are available, that is.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

Thanks very much for the response Scott.  I will purchase with confidence.  The Classic EZX is right up my alley.

Steve

Windows 10, REAPER, ADK edrums, Mimic Pro and DDTi TMIs

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.