EZDrummer and swells

Studio Corner
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

ORIGINAL: RacerX29
    I guess I could just split out one measure of the MIDI pattern and then manually go in and start moving the velocity control for each strike higher and higher as it gets closer to the transition. Is there some function that does this automatically?

No not really.Depends on what Daw your using, Logic Has great midi Spec and does have this feature in its transform midi options but naturally you have to put the notes in .So as explained before it might be a good idea to get a cheap usb/midi keyboard and just play it in as close to what you want then tweak them after.Thats the way i like to do it.You could perhaps save some builds or swells in My Midi but thats a another lesson.

Tip would be to check the included midi in EZ and find a file in the fills sections that does something close to what you want.

RacerX29
    Participant

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

I think found my answer:

So, you have answered that it can’t be done automatically in EZDrummer. I found that it worked perfectly the way I described in the last paragraph of my original post.

ORIGINAL: RacerX29
    I guess I could just split out one measure of the MIDI pattern and then manually go in and start moving the velocity control for each strike higher and higher as it gets closer to the transition. Is there some function that does this automatically?

It is freaking awesome! I am starting to get the hang of EZDrummer. Since there was no auto feature for this, I’m realizing that I’m going to be editing the MIDI notes in the DAW MIDI editor frequently. I am using Reaper v4.

I used this for a fill when the drummer hits the snare, kick , and a tom, at the same time, along with the tempo – for an intro. The hits start soft and get harder and end when the main beat starts. So, I just copied the three note hits to eight spots spaced evenly. Then I made the velocity go from softer to harder progressively at each set of strikes in the MIDI editor. I couldn’t find a preset fill that did this.

It sounds absolutely realistic. Hope this helps someone and if anyone else has any tips, I’d love to hear them. I’ve only had EZDrummer for a week.

Juicy
    Participant

Thats obviously the way ,i think Programming them via midi/usb is just Quicker.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.