EZdrummer 2 Musikmesse Announcement

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • seasack
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue no, the graphical interface will be a fixed size of 900×660 (plus host dependent window frame).

That’s sad. Obviously a lot of e-drummers would like to use EZDrummer on a tablet next to their kit – and would like to make use of the touch screen…

seasack
    Participant

What about going back to EZDrummer 1 if I find that the new version is putting my hardware under too much stress? Can I downgrade regarding the installation or re-install EZDrummer 1?

Rogue

well, yes, technically it should be possible. But any project saved with EZdrummer 2 will of course not be backward compatible. There is no reason for EZdrummer 2 to be more taxing on your CPU than EZdrummer 1 however, as long as you use the ‘raw’ presets that do not make use of effect chains, i.e what you would be accessing with EZdrummer 1. The sound libraries that ship with EZdrummer 2 will require more RAM however, but if you meet the specifications stated in the FAQ (2 GB) that should not be a factor. … to cut a long story short, I don’t see any customer downgrading back to EZdrummer 1 if they decide to invest in EZdrummer 2, not on the basis of resource overhead at least.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rogue

ORIGINAL: Dicker Bub What about going back to EZDrummer 1 if I find that the new version is putting my hardware under too much stress? Can I downgrade regarding the installation or re-install EZDrummer 1?

to answer another aspect of your question, note that the sound libraries that ship with EZdrummer 2 will NOT be compatible with EZdrummer 1. That is true however of any EZX to be released from this point on – as noted in the FAQ, EZdrummer 1 is being replaced by EZdrummer 2 and future sound libraries will be EZdrummer 2 only!

Configuration Manager

L.Mon
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue

There will be a demo of EZdrummer 2 available, so you will be able to judge whether it is worth the upgrade cost – that is the best I can say to customers who purchased the product a day / a week / a month before that date, sorry.

This is terrible customer service. “Sorry” is an inadequate response. I was considering purchasing an upgrade to Superior Drummer but after your response, I’ll reconsider. Your response makes me never want to do business with Toontracks again and I suspect I am not alone.

Lucas Brown
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Larry.Monast This is terrible customer service. “Sorry” is an inadequate response. I was considering purchasing an upgrade to Superior Drummer but after your response, I’ll reconsider. Your response makes me never want to do business with Toontracks again and I suspect I am not alone.

Larry, I’d certainly sympathize with you if you bought EzDrummer for $179. If you didn’t, I’m sure there’s a cutoff date on how far back they’ll honor purchases because not only have people who’ve owned the program previously had the time to get use of it, but some distros were selling EzDrummer for far less than $179. As a product that’s been out for a long time, it has been on sale for really low prices at certain distros recently. I got mine on an unbelievably killer Black Friday deal. It’s understandable to me if they are trying to control for discount purchases. But again, if you paid $179, maybe you can email them and see if they’ll work something out. I wouldn’t imagine any stable company would negotiate pricing policies on a public forum anyway.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Larry.Monast This is terrible customer service. “Sorry” is an inadequate response. I was considering purchasing an upgrade to Superior Drummer but after your response, I’ll reconsider. Your response makes me never want to do business with Toontracks again and I suspect I am not alone.

There is always a date for these kinds of things. If it isn’t March 13 it could have been February 13 and someone who bought it on Feb 5th would be upset. The upgrade includes two libraries you don’t have with EZdrummer 1 – recorded at the best studio in London by one of the top record producers from America.

Ellen Hughes
    Participant

Forgive me if I missed this. I did read the posts but still am not clear. So I have EZ drummer 1. I also have about 10 expansion drum packs-EZ Player Pro and EZ Mix 1. 1. Will my EZ drummer 1 expansions be able to take advantage of the features of EZ drummer 2 (when purchased) or will I in fact (as I suspect) have to upgrade and replace my 10 expansion packs to get the benefits of EZ drummer 2? So the cost would be $99 for the upgrade and whatever the brand new expansion packs are. $89 a piece? So about $900 then? 2. Same question regarding EZ player Pro? 3. I have Superior 2, will this function different or be able to take advantage of any of the new sound library in any way seeing as how an upgrade for this is not available yet. When it is will I have to pay out of pocket again? Thanks for any insight. If it’s $900 to get the benefits I guess won’t be doing this any time soon. That is another major investment.

John

There will be free updates to all your EZdrummer 1 libraries that make them optimized for EZdrummer 2. I am not sure what you mean with EZplayer Pro and EZMix 1? They are not utilizing the EZdrummer engine or sounds. EZplayer Pro will (still) have no problems reading the Toontrack MIDI files. AFAIK, Superior 2 will just need an update to read the EZdrummer 2 libraries correctly. Or did I misunderstand what you meant? BR, John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rogue

as John stated, there will be no cost besides the $99 required for the EZdrummer 2 upgrade. ALL EZX-s updates will be provided free of charge. The same goes for all our software that is able to share the EZdrummer content, most notably Superior… again there will be no cost at any level but the purchase of the EZdrummer 2 upgrade.

Configuration Manager

Ellen Hughes
    Participant

That makes me sooooo happy!!! Thank you for the fast response. It is very clear now. $99 is well worth it of course. Have a great day!

Juicy
    Participant

Lookin good Lads !!

qbury
    Participant

Sorry if this has been asked or posted before but are EZD2 samples processed like EZD1 or raw like SD?

Qbury

Joe DeFalco
    Participant

What ezx’s actually come with the program ? Is it just the two new ones or are there more ?

John

ORIGINAL: qbury Sorry if this has been asked or posted before but are EZD2 samples processed like EZD1 or raw like SD?

Processed but the mixer and presets can add to that

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.