EZdrummer 2 Musikmesse Announcement

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 13 replies - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Guy Rowland
    Participant

Ah cool – never noticed that before, but that sounds like a useful Plan B if you need it. Looking forward to the release.

Jacob
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Staley Will the ‘Songtrack’ arranger and ‘Tap2find’ support having multiple time signatures in one/the same song?

The songtrack supports following your hosts tempo changes but not multiple time signatures. Tap2find and the Song Creator will not either support multiple time signatures but only use the midifiles main time signature set in the actual files. // Jacob

Jacob Norén - Toontrack
    Coder

anonymous_3
    Participant

So after seeing the “EZ Drummer 2 presentation at British Grove Studios”, I assume that the Solo & EZplayer pro programs will no longer be needed for those moving up to EZD 2. Looks like all the MIDI Packs (including the ones for Superior 2 will also need to be updated). It also looks like only a handful of EZX’s have been updated, so I do not see how the ones that haven’t will be able to coexist within EZD 2. I assume that S2 will eventually get the same type of overhaul (ability to load different drum library kit pieces, MIDI player/recorder window, stand alone support, etc…).

John

I do not see how the ones that haven’t will be able to coexist within EZD 2.

Well, they do but there’s no point really to not update them.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

anonymous_3
    Participant

Not sure I understand… But if they can coexist, I will leave them where they are, and when an update becomes available, then of course, I will update them.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Existing EZXs will be updated, probably during EZ2 install, to become EZX1/2s. I.e. they will work both in EZ1 and EZ2. EZ1 cannot use a pure EZX2. EZ2 can actually use both, so an update is not necessary just beneficial.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

anonymous_3
    Participant

Excellent… Thanks Olle! FWIW… All of my questions and concerns have solely been because I’m in the the middle of projects that involve EZD, S2, EZX’s & SDX’s. So when EZD 2 hits the streets, I don’t want things sounding differently than the “original TT sessions” because of the massive change over to EZD 2, the EZX’s, MIDI Packs, etc…, nor do I want an interruption in my workflow. And if that were the case, I would simply put the projects involving TT on the back burner until EZD 2 and all the other updates are ironed out!

Whitten
    Participant

It depends how long the projects have to run I guess. After a couple of disasters I resolved never to upgrade my software during a project. However, my projects tend to run to two or three months max.

Staley
    Participant

ORIGINAL: JacobN The songtrack supports following your hosts tempo changes but not multiple time signatures. Tap2find and the Song Creator will not either support multiple time signatures but only use the midifiles main time signature set in the actual files.

Thanks. So if I let’s say want to search for 7/8 and 4/4 grooves for the same song using Tap2find, i’ll have to switch main EZD2 time signature to reflect correct length of Tap2find search loop?

Martin

Thanks. So if I let’s say want to search for 7/8 and 4/4 grooves for the same song using Tap2find, i’ll have to switch main EZD2 time signature to reflect correct length of Tap2find search loop?

Correct.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Staley
    Participant

Ok. So could you please convince me on the EZ of creating a multiple time signature songtrack w/o having the functionality of: – defining the songtrack in múltiple time signatures. – based on the defined songtrack, inherit time signatures to Tap2find mode selectable through drop down box or similar?

Rogue

If your song contains multiple tempos I really don’t see any significant limitations in, if you wish, work solely with the Song Creator. If your project contains multiple time signatures then you would likely want to, if you wish to use any of the EZdrummer 2 songtrack features, assemble each part individually then drag the result into your host. Regarding your last question I don’t understand the complication involved, but of course I have access to the software and as such can’t fully realize what specific concern you may have in respect to the Tap2Find feature. From my perspective there are none. IMO (biased, obviously), the EZdrummer 2 songwriter features are extremely useful, but of course they are optional – it is up to you to decide whether they can be considered a satisfactory replacement for your sequencer, augment or streamline what you can already do in your host, or completely worthless to you within the context of your workflow. Every user’s opinion will be somewhere along that line, between ‘indispensable’ and ‘worthless’. … I think the majority of users will find the Songtrack to be great to work with but YMMV.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Staley
    Participant

Many thanks Rogue. I will for sure upgrade.

Viewing 13 replies - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.