EZDrummer 2 MIDI to Guitar pro – problem

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi,

I am not familiar with Guitar Pro 6 but are you exporting your MIDI from EZdrummer 2 or Reaper?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Alias_8
    Participant

I’m using Reaper as a DAW and EZDrummer 2 as a VST. I made drum track in a timeline of the EZ Drummer 2, then i just dragged MIDI from EZ timeline and dropped it into Reaper workspace and that created MIDI track in Reaper. Now i’m trying to export it. So I’m exporting MIDI from Reaper 🙂

Alias_8
    Participant

Anyone could help?

Scott

If you want to export MIDI, it won’t contain any sound. MIDI is data. If you create a MIDI drum part in Reaper, export the MIDI and import it into Guitar Pro, it will sound like whatever sound source you are sending to the MIDI.

I’m not sure we follow you with your issue. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish with creating MIDI using Reaper and then exporting the MIDI into Guitar Pro?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Alias_8
    Participant

I’m creating music in reaper using EZdrummer to make a “sketch” of drums. As i’m working with a drummer, i want to convert MIDI from reaper to GP because i want to send it to him. Then he’s gonna upgrade the drum track from sketch to final track (It’s easier in GP for him, beacuse he don’t have other software). Also i want to have my songs on tab sheets 🙂 That are the reasons for this post.

I need just to export created drumtrack in EZ to GP, that’s all 🙂

So there is no chance to set up something in reaper which will provide  GP “understanding” this MIDI file as a drumkit?

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

A solution to your issues appears to be on this site:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/reaper-mid-to-guitar-pro-6-problem.681687/

In summary, I think you have to go into Reaper’s event list and remove anything that isn’t a note. Also noted that it appears that MIDI channel 10 is permanently allocated to drums in GP and is only limited to the GM spec, so you’re going to miss a number of articulations.

Honestly, for the $60, the drummer is better off using Reaper.

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

Thanked by: Alias_8
    Alias_8
    Participant

That solution works, thank you!

But you are right with the articulation also.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.