Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZD2: clip plays differently in different parts of the same song

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

So all your MIDI is in Pro Tools, none is playing on the song track of EZdrummer 2? Make sure that Follow Host is disabled in EZdrummer 2 if you have MIDI on that track, since duplicate MIDI files may be played at the same time otherwise.

If you can’t figure this problem out, can you save a version of your Pro Tools session with only the EZdrummer 2 track? That is, if the problem persists if you clean your Pro Tools project, “Save As…” a new project, and the problem is still there…
    Zip that Pro Tools project and post it here so we can have a look at it.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

David George
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply.

@Henrik said:
    So all your MIDI is in Pro Tools, none is playing on the song track of EZdrummer 2? Make sure that Follow Host is disabled in EZdrummer 2 if you have MIDI on that track, since duplicate MIDI files may be played at the same time otherwise.

That was the very first thing I checked. “Follow Host” is definitely disabled in EZD.

I have a consistent workflow. Note: I tend to use more than one instance of EZD in PT.

I create a part for an entire song, say with a Vintage kit. I save the project in EZD.

I drag that project, clip by clip into the PT Vintage kit track.

I then create another track in PT, and open another instance of EZD, with say, a Latin kit.

I open EZD in that track and load the Vintage kit project. I make any changes in EZD (mostly eliminating redundant hits I don’t need). I save that project in EZD as “Latin kit.” I then drag those altered clips into the Latin track in PT.

From there I make any additional changes directly on the individual PT track MIDI.

This workflow has worked flawlessly on a dozen projects this year. But for some reason this time I’m getting this weird extra hit that is not shown on the MIDI. I say this because as I said earlier the problematic clip appears several times. So when I visually compare that clip in verse 1 and the copy of that clip that appears in verse 2, the MIDI is identical.

John

Hi,

could you please do as Henrik recommends – attach a ZIP:ed Session exhibiting this problem with only the EZD track(s) to a post here?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David George
    Participant

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

After some trial and error, I believe I traced this to a floor tom note in the Hip Hop EZX Evident kit (midi note G1). It has a sample built into the hit and I think that was misbehaving. Initially I muted that note and the problem seemed to go away. Then I cleared it in PT and replaced it.

I don’t know why it would misbehave, but this appears resolved.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.