Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

EZ2 Drummer Expansion Sale (Newibe Question?)

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Paul Seaman
    Participant

Repost :-

@monsterjazzlicks said:

In ‘My Products’ (in ‘My Account’) it states below my four EX’s ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’!

Do I click on ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’ to update the EX software? Or is this optional? I think there is also the same message for ‘EZD2’.

I have downloaded the software for the four ‘EX’s’ but as yet have not actually installed them (they are still sitting in ‘My Downloads’ folder). I would guess I need to install them BEFORE I clicked on any UPDATE messages?

Thanks,

Paul

EZ2 Drummer / Sibelius 8.6 / Cubase 9.

Dell Inspiron 3737, 1.70gHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.

Scott

@monsterjazzlicks said:

Repost :-

@monsterjazzlicks said:

In ‘My Products’ (in ‘My Account’) it states below my four EX’s ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’!

Do I click on ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’ to update the EX software? Or is this optional? I think there is also the same message for ‘EZD2’.

I have downloaded the software for the four ‘EX’s’ but as yet have not actually installed them (they are still sitting in ‘My Downloads’ folder). I would guess I need to install them BEFORE I clicked on any UPDATE messages?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes, you will need to install your products before applying any updates. Running an update before installing the full product will give you an error message.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Scott,

@Scott said:Yes, you will need to install your products before applying any updates. Running an update before installing the full product will give you error message.

Ok cheers.

Is the UPDATE a FILE which is downloaded (ie like the ‘product’) and so something which can be SAVED (in ‘My Downloads’) and INSTALLED at a later date please? Or do you just click on the UPDATE button on the ToonTracks site and everything is applied there and then in the ‘background’?

Ta,

Paul

Scott

All Toontrack updates are installer files that need to be downloaded, unzipped, and installed.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Scott,

@Scott said:All Toontrack updates are installer files that need to be downloaded, unzipped, and installed.

Ok thanks. So they can be downloaded (SAVED) in advance, but NOT installed until the products have been.

I was reading thru the ‘READ ME’ document which comes with the EzD2 software. As I understand it (and this applies to everything), I need to Right-Click on the compressed folder, select ‘Extract’, and then a separate version is created. Do I need to do this for every single MIDI and EX file? In which case I will have one folder of ‘Extracted’ and another of ‘Un-Extracted’?

Is ZIPPED the came as COMPRESSED? And UN-ZIPPED the same as EXTRACTED please? I think thats right?

Ta,

Paul

Scott

Yes you need to unzip/extract every installer. Yes, you will then have an unzipped and zipped version. Install from the unzipped folder.

Yes, zipped means compressed and unzipped means extracted.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Thanks Scott,

@Scott said:Yes you need to unzip/extract every installer. Yes, you will then have an unzipped and zipped version. Install from the unzipped folder.

Thats very helpful.

It is taking about 10 x min’s per installer to EXTRACT. Is that about right please? I have nearly 20 in total! lol

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

Regarding the UPDATES, should I UNZIP and INSTALL them, but then KEEP both the ZIPPED and UNZIPPED versions for future reference (say if I needed to ever format my PC)? And store them on my External Hard Drive. Or would you just keep the UNZIPPED, or would you keep NONE!?

Ta,

Paul

Scott

That’s a question only you can answer.

Personally, I don’t keep any installers, zipped or otherwise.

Everything except SDXs libraries are available to download whenever I need. I have my SDX libraries on an external drive and when I get a new computer, about every 5 years or so, I just copy the sounds to the new drive and link them in S2.

I may not be a typical user since I have every single Toontrack product currently in and out of production.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

So if you need to re-install all of your EZD2 EX and related MIDI library, then you do so from the download page on the Toontrack site? But is that not a long winded method? I took me over four hours and I only own about twenty items!

Paul

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I own almost every Toontrack product and operate exactly as Scott has described.

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Ok, cheers.

So once I have INSTALLED everything, shall I then DELETE all the INSTALLERS from my PC then? I mean they are no longer required anymore once the software is up and running?

Paul

Scott

Plus, I also have plenty of Toontrack beta product installers to deal with.

Like I said, my way doesn’t have to be your way. I’ve only had to install all of my Toontrack products twice over the last 6 years (when I got 2 new computers). So, the time or takes me isn’t too much of an issue at all.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott

They are no longer required anymore once the software is up and running.

You can choose to delete them or not. I’m not going to tell you what to do. Wink…no matter how many times you ask.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

@Scott said:

They are no longer required anymore once the software is up and running.

Lol. That’s what I needed to know ta. I will delete them from my PC and whack them onto my External HD.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.