Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

EZ2 Drummer Expansion Sale (Newibe Question?)

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

After much deliberation and communication with both ToonTracks and SweetWater Music, I have decided to purchase the following :-

JAZZ, ELECTRONIC, LATIN and FUNK MASTER EX’s @ $39.99 each.

SONGWRITERS DRUM PACK COLLECTION @ $99.99

ESSENTIAL DRUMS MIDI PACK COLLECTION 6 @ $99.99

SweetWater (as per recommended by ToonTracks) were totally EXCELLENT and (via Skype) they talked me thru and checked the whole order to make sure I was completely happy and confident. I will definitely use SweetWater again in the future.

Thanks,

Paul

EZ2 Drummer / Sibelius 8.6 / Cubase 9.

Dell Inspiron 3737, 1.70gHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

nice choices.
    check out the Nashville kit, too.
    i find it a nice compliment to the jazz grooves.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Toontrack. I own no stock in Toontrack and receive no commission from recommending any Toontrack product. haha

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Thank you gseshleman,

Well I got there in the end! lol And I appreciate all of your time and advice. You have been extremely helpful here.

Well, I have 6 x MIDI packs to play with but I will check out your recommendations down the line at some point.

I am so pleased I chose EZD2 instead of GA4 or JamSticks.

I think I saw some TUTORIALS for ToonTracks (on Groove3), but I think they were for SUPERIOR rather than EZ.

Ta,

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi again,

I wanted to ask, with regards to the ToonTracks MONSTER MIDI ODD METERS, is this specifically designed to run alongside MONSTER MIDI ODD FILLS? In other words, are the (MONSTER MIDI) FILLS designed to match/link patterns contained in the MONSTER ODD METERS? Therefore, it would be wise to (only) purchase them together? Otherwise, you might be stuck with a MIDI PACK of FILL’s which you can’t really use unless you have odd-time-signature patterns to match them! I think you know what I mean here (ie. you would not have an ’11/8′ drum fill in a ‘4/4’ song, and similarly, you would not have a ‘3/4’ drum fill in a ‘5/4’ song!).

Cheers,

Paul

John

@monsterjazzlicks said:

with regards to the ToonTracks MONSTER MIDI ODD METERS, is this specifically designed to run alongside MONSTER MIDI ODD FILLS? I

In short: Yes.

The Odd fills are a nice companion to any odd meter MIDI you have.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Thanks a lot,

@John said:In short: Yes.

I obviously must have explained my question ok in order for you to be able to offer me such a decisive answer.

Because the ‘MIDI PACK 6′ was purchased from SweetWater, there version is that were you can choose from ANY six MIDI PACK’s (from the ToonTracks’ webshop). Whereas on the ToonTracks site, the contents of the ‘MIDI PACK 6’ are fixed (which is fair enough).

Anyway, do you think that the MONSTER FILL’s and METER’s packs will SOUND ok on ANY (drum) KIT (ie. I have Jazz, FunkMaster, Latin, Rock/Pop [freebie], and Electronic)? Perhaps only the LATTER might sound somewhat strange!?

Best,

Paul

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Please don’t forget that EZDrummer2 allows you to preview any and all MIDI that is available through the Toontrack MIDI Web Shop
    by clicking the “Show Web Shop MIDI” button atop the filter window on the SEARCH tab.

WEB-SHOP-MIDI.png

This will allow you to hear any MIDI that you’re interested in to be played with any of the sound libraries that you own.

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

I hope it’s ok the quote ToonTracks reply here :-

No one MIDI pack is required to purchase other MIDI from the same product variation.
    Each Monster MIDI library is focused on one specific type of metal drum play style.
    The different Monster MIDI packs can be used together with user created MIDI, other Toontrack MIDI, third party MIDI, or whatever you want.

Though I do not understand their answer because (with all due respect) grammatically, it does not (to me at least) make much sense!? And the implications are that they (Monster) are all of Heavy Metal genre.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hello,

In ‘My Products’ (in ‘My Account’) it states below my four EX’s ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’!

Do I click on ‘UPDATE AVAILABLE’ to update the EX software? Or is this optional? I think there is also the same message for ‘EZD2’.

I have downloaded the software for the four ‘EX’s’ but as yet have not actually installed them (they are still sitting in ‘My Downloads’ folder). I would guess I need to install them BEFORE I clicked on any UPDATE messages?

Thank you.

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

@John said:

@monsterjazzlicks said:

with regards to the ToonTracks MONSTER MIDI ODD METERS, is this specifically designed to run alongside MONSTER MIDI ODD FILLS? I

In short: Yes.

Hi John,

I just purchased these two MIDI PACKS thanks.

I wanted to ask please, I have now downloaded FIVE out of SIX of the “MIDI PACK 6” I purchased recently. Do you know if there is a TIME LIMIT (eg 28 x days) for downloading your choices? Or does the download time remain ‘open’?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

I have ordered the two MONSTER MIDI packs (FILLS and ODD METERS), and also the CLASSIC EX and BLUES EX. The salesman Josh phoned me (UK) from the US to offer advice and pre-sales support. What a superb service indeed! Have a nice little collection now to be going on with for a year or two…

I wanted to ask please, I have consequently now downloaded FIVE out of SIX of the “MIDI PACK 6” (Activation Codes) I purchased recently. Do you know if there is a TIME LIMIT (eg 28 x days) for making/downloading your choices? Or does the download time remain open?

Ta,

Paul

John

Hi Paul,

to the best of my knowledge there’s no time limit but I will ask my colleagues to be sure.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Paul Seaman
    Participant

@John said:

Hi Paul,

to the best of my knowledge there’s no time limit but I will ask my colleagues to be sure.

Hi John,

I asked the question on another this afternoon and someone has just said there is NO time limit (apparently). There was no such warning either in the receipt or download instructions PDF I received from SweetWater.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

Is the BASIC JAZZ MIDI any/much different (in whatever way) to the JAZZ MIDI and/or JAZZ EX please :-

http://www.toontrack.com/product/basic-jazz-midi/

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Seaman
    Participant

Hi,

ToonTracks most recent and very helpful reply to above :-

Basic Jazz MIDI is new MIDI content not included in Jazz MIDI or Jazz EZX MIDI.

Therefore now I have successfully and chosen and downloaded my “MIDI 6 PACK” contents!

Ta,

Paul

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.