Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

EZ Drummer- only have Pop/Rock & Cocktail

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott

Here’s a pic of the Pop/Rock grooves in S2. They will look similar in EZdrummer. You do not have these folders in your groove browser in EZD? The second column from the left shows all available folders. They all expand as pictured.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David
    Participant

My groove browser looks incredibly different & much simpler. I have opened it up as a plug-in in Pro Tools. Then I’ll click on “Open Grooves.” Just about everything is different. Thanks Scott.

Scott

Well, like I said, this is the groove browser from S2 and not EZD. I have a few more groove libraries than you also

Having said that, if you click on the ‘EZD Pop/Rock’ in the far left column, and then click on the same ‘Pop/Rock’ folder in the second column, and then click on the ‘Groove 1’ folder in the 3rd column it should show you those ‘Playing Variations’ in the far right column.

Can you post a pic of your groove browser if your’s isn’t showing the ‘Playing Variations’ as in my pic.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David
    Participant

Here it is, Scott. This is about as extensive as it gets. Unsure whether this is the groove browser or whether I actually have one.

Scott

Yes, the folder that you show (‘Fills’ in the 4/4 Straight 50-140BPM section) has 6 fill grooves folders. They each expand to show more grooves. Click on them.

If you click on the folder right below that ‘Fills’ folder, the one named ‘POP/ROCK’, it will show 40 Groove folders in the 3rd column from the left. Inside each of those 40 folders is 20 individual grooves, labeled ‘Playing Variations’ in the far right column. If my math is correct, that equates to 800 grooves right there.

Each of those folders in the second column (FUNK/ROCK, MOTOWN, BALLAD, ect.) expands similarly.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David
    Participant

Thanks Scott. This is far less than the 8,000 MIDI files advertised though:

https://www.toontrack.com/product/product/ezdrummer-2/
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Toontrack-EZdrummer-Multi-Layer-Drum-Sampler-103846481-i1388602.gc

So if I wanted Metal files, I would have to buy an expansion pack? I assumed there would be some Metal files if there were 8,000 files.

Scott

Well, there happen to be 9,113 MIDI files in total for the Pop/Rock EZD library. Not sure where you are coming up with such a low number of grooves. Have you clicked on all of those folders in the second column and expanded them to show the ‘Grooves’ folders? And then clicked on the ‘Grooves’ folders to expand them to show the groove variations in the far right column? There are alot of ’em.

These grooves are not ‘Metal’ per se, although they can be tweaked in your host to fit the bill. These ship with the ‘Pop/Rock’ kit and are more ‘Pop/Rock’ oriented. There are MIDI expansion packs available from Toontrack as well as 3rd party sources.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

remnantx
    Participant

I have a question on this as well….

I was using EZ Drummer on one computer for years, but recently got a new computer. I installed EZD from my account on the Toontrack website rather than the Disc, and it appears that most of the midi files were not loaded…..

Does this sound correct, or is there something I did wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.