EZ Drummer has crashed – crash dump file at

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Grant Goracy
    Participant

I’ll let you know how things go
    Thank you

Holger Oppermann
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,
    please try the following:
    you need to remove some files in the ‘AppDataRoaming’ folder. This is a hidden folder but you can open the Windows Explorer and type in ‘C:UsersyourComputerUserNameHereAppData’ to access it, or click Start > Computer > Hold ALT + T to get the tools menu open > Folder Options > View > Enable “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and Untick “Hide protected operating system files”. I would prefer the first way myself.
    Then please remove the following files:
    MidiDB, MidiDB_fav, MidiDB-shm, MidiDB-wal (if they exist) from
    “C:/Users/”CurrentUser”/AppData/Roaming/Toontrack/EZdrummer”
    and
    “C:/Users/”CurrentUser”/AppData/Roaming/Toontrack/EZdrummer/OnlineMIDI”
    BR,
    John

Hi, since yesterday I’ve got the same Problem, that EZ Drummer 2 crashes, when I started it with Cubase Elements 8

Mi Configuration:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Prozessor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300
    RAM 4 GB
    32 bit system, x64 based

I deleted the MidiDB*-Files in the Roaming-Folder, restated the system, reinstalled and installed the EZ drummer (with or without Update 2.1.1) and Cubase Elements 8 agein and again, and anything else but EZ drummer crashed on and on …

I’m not an IT-Crack so I don’t no, how to fix the Problem.

EZ-Drummer-Crash.png
    Cubase-Crash.png

The Crash Dump file is an 0-Bit-File and it’s empty … Could anyone help???

LIBre
    Participant

I have a similar problem: I tried to run the EZDrummer Demo with PreSonus Studio One (Artist with VST support expansion). When I open a new song without any MIDI file, I can add EZD2 as a virtual instrument to a track, but whenever I try to do so in a song with an already existing MIDI-drum-track, Studio One will crash. Funny is, that I can start playing the song with the EZD2-sounds and it will even play on, when the message “EZDrummer has crashed” is already displayed.
    I tried to delete those MidiDB-files but no change in it.
    I run a Windows 7-PC with an AMD Phenom Processor (3,42GHz) and 4,00 GB RAM, 32bit-system… should work, doesn’t it?

I would be very grateful if someone had a solution to this problem. Otherwise I would have to try another drum VST…

Greetings,
    LIBre

ref
    Participant

john, hi. i had the same problem – crash
    found your instruction:
    Then please remove the following files:
    MidiDB, MidiDB_fav, MidiDB-shm, MidiDB-wal (if they exist) from
    “C:/Users/”CurrentUser”/AppData/Roaming/Toontrack/EZdrummer”
    and
    “C:/Users/”CurrentUser”/AppData/Roaming/Toontrack/EZdrummer/OnlineMIDI”

everything ok now. thank you very much!

update:
    it crashed again after i activated all outputs in cubase

kev_7
    Participant

llklk.JPG

hello , how do i resolve this , ive tried the above suggestion. This error appears randomly in my DAW and specificly when rendering a track

Scott

@kev_7 said:
    llklk.JPG

hello , how do i resolve this , ive tried the above suggestion. This error appears randomly in my DAW and specificly when rendering a track  

Please try updating to the latest version of EZD2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chris Spooner
    Participant

I am also experiencing the same issue, unfortunately. I have EZD2 and EZ Keys, both running on Cubase 8. I have intermittent crashes all the time. I’ve reinstalled all apps many times, with no resolution. It’s very irritating. Please Toontracks help me solve this problem. Love your products…but this slows momentum!! If there’s a resolution I’m not aware of please let me know at your earliest convienience.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Scott

@Spooner_1 said:
    I am also experiencing the same issue, unfortunately. I have EZD2 and EZ Keys, both running on Cubase 8. I have intermittent crashes all the time. I’ve reinstalled all apps many times, with no resolution. It’s very irritating. Please Toontracks help me solve this problem. Love your products…but this slows momentum!! If there’s a resolution I’m not aware of please let me know at your earliest convienience.

Your assistance is appreciated.  

We will need much more info.

EZD2 and EZkeys version number? OS version? RAM amount? Exact Cubase version? 64-bit or 32-bit? What buffer size is your project? Do you get crashes in stand-alone versions of EZD2 and EZkeys? Does Toontrack Product Manager show any available updates for you products?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chris Spooner
    Participant

@Scott said:

EZD2 and EZkeys version number? OS version? RAM amount? Exact Cubase version? 64-bit or 32-bit? What buffer size is your project? Do you get crashes in stand-alone versions of EZD2 and EZkeys? Does Toontrack Product Manager show any available updates for you products?  

Scott –
    I’m running:
    EZD2 v#2.1.4 32 BIT
    EZ Keys V#1.2.4 32 BIT
    Windows 10 v.1709
    4.0 GB RAM
    Cubase Elements 8 v8.0.40 32 BIT
    I don’t get the crashes in the stand alone versions, just while I’m in Cubase. Product Manager shows that my updates are current.

Thanks!!

Scott

@Spooner_1 said:

Scott –
    I’m running:
    EZD2 v#2.1.4 32 BIT
    EZ Keys V#1.2.4 32 BIT
    Windows 10 v.1709
    4.0 GB RAM
    Cubase Elements 8 v8.0.40 32 BIT
    I don’t get the crashes in the stand alone versions, just while I’m in Cubase. Product Manager shows that my updates are current.

Thanks!!  

What else is loaded in your project? Other virtual instruments? What buffer size is your project? What is the memory usage in Task Manager when you have your Cubase project loaded?

If not crashing in stand-alone, I would guess you are running out of resources when running Cubase.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chris Spooner
    Participant

@Scott said:

@Scott said:

What else is loaded in your project? Other virtual instruments? What buffer size is your project? What is the memory usage in Task Manager when you have your Cubase project loaded?

If not crashing in stand-alone, I would guess you are running out of resources when running Cubase.  

On this project EZD2 is the only VI running…i also have two other audio tracks.

2.2GB memory usage, says task manager. Not sure of the buffer size…processing load is a little high for this project. But that’s why I’m trying to render the drums down to an audio file. Brand new Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6500 4GB RAM 32-BIT system. I should be ok?

Scott

@Spooner_1 said:

@Scott said:

On this project EZD2 is the only VI running…i also have two other audio tracks.

2.2GB memory usage, says task manager. Not sure of the buffer size…processing load is a little high for this project. But that’s why I’m trying to render the drums down to an audio file. Brand new Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6500 4GB RAM 32-BIT system. I should be ok?  

If the cpu load is high, you can try raising the buffer of the audio device and/or disabling any audio plugins that are running.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Wylie
    Participant

I’m having the same problem after installing EZDrummer 2 (2.1.5) and the Sound Library update for Windows (1.1.0) just a couple of days ago.

– Standalone works
    – x64 plugin crashes Cubase on trying to add an instrument to an empty project, or open a previous project with EZD.

[UPDATE] uninstalled and reinstalled and is now working. I suspect the plugin was installed in an older Cubase folder

tomsyl
    Participant

Hi Scott:

I switched my audio ASIO from an M-Audio sound card in my Project Mix I/O Firewire board to a Mackie Big Knob ASIO.

Since then, EZdrummer 2 keeps crashing “Toontrack EZdrummer Host 2 has crashed”

I uninstalled the software, deleted the AppData temp files (from above), reinstalled everything again….to the same error.

Standalone keeps crashing.

Sound card and MIDI works perfectly in Pro Tools and Sony Vegas Pro.

I’m running an Intel i7, 8 core with 20GB of RAM.

Any suggestions?

-Tom

JasonNuisance
    Participant

EZDrummer 2 keeps crashing . I tried with the free trial it started from there so then bought it and few days later and it still crashes.everything is up to date .

computer is only a few months old . What is going on ? feels like i wasted my money

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.