EZ Drummer 3

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Adrian Dawson
    Participant

I would like all of the above but, more importantly. I would love the following features…

1/ The ability to add any drum sound to any drum. A low snare to Tom 4, for example, instead of just being able to add Toms to that pad. I play a Roland kit and adding a second, deeper snare, should be easier than it is now. Currently I use a custom set-up of the Claustrophobic kit as it has lots of extra pads, but I am very limited as to what sounds I can add to those pads.

2/ the facility to load my own samples on occasion.

3/ The facility change the midi note number for a midi drum, preferably via a midi learn function.

4/ Further splitting of sounds for mixing – a mix for every drum not just kick, snare, toms, hi-hats and then overheads.

5/ Some basic effects on the mix channels, such as those in Superior Drummer. Transients, EQs etc.

I understand that what I’m looking for brings EZD much closer to SD but I own both and find the whole layout of SD cumbersome. EZD is easier and more intuitive to use, fast, has great midi pattern handling and… y’know… looks better.

olliepudge
    Participant

I absolutely agree with the post above. Especially with the ability to add your own samples. I really hope people will get on board with these requests. I love EZ Drummer and I think these added features would be a wise decision. And again, more snare drum samples would be great! Addictive Drums offers kit piece packs and I would love to see that from you guys because your drum sounds top them all in my opinion.

AJ Petrolati
    Participant

I’d love a more modern hip hop drum kit with trap hi hats, etc. the hip hiop package is good but it’s really not modern at all it’s 80’s and 90’s.

PatRat_1
    Participant

A midi editor of any complexity.
    More is better! 😉

Even just some basic editing….
    ie:
    The ability to add/delete/move notes/hits.
    Change velocity.
    Manually create/edit a sequence.

Please! Please! Please!

I hate having to always use Digital Performer to accomplish this…
    Their drum edit rock though… (Just sayin’)

Scott

@PatRat_1 said:
    A midi editor of any complexity.
    More is better! 😉

Even just some basic editing….
    ie:
    The ability to add/delete/move notes/hits.
    Change velocity.
    Manually create/edit a sequence.

Please! Please! Please!

I hate having to always use Digital Performer to accomplish this…
    Their drum edit rock though… (Just sayin’)  

Have you read about S3 that was just announced?

https://www.toontrack.com/superior-drummer-3-announcement/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

PatRat_1
    Participant

Oh yeah… Impressive.

I’m not sure how “most” create their own drum tracks.
    I don’t have a midi drum set and I seldom use the “preset” patterns.
    I do use some fills but when writing I tend to hear a very specific pattern
    so being able to program would benefit me greatly.

Trying to create rolls/fills on midi keyboard is not fun!!

I’m a bit intimidated by SD so I’ve lived in an EZ world…

Per Burström
    Participant

So Toontrack, can we expect an EZDrummer 3 with the relevant improvements from SD3 brought in? And when?

I’m thinking about crossgrading to SD3, but I will it simply has to many things I don’t need… would rather have an ED3.

Thanks!
    /Per

olliepudge
    Participant

I’m starting to doubt there will ever be a third release of EZ Drummer. I just don’t see how they could simplify it anymore than SD3. I hope I’m wrong though. Maybe they’ll come up with something!

Per Burström
    Participant

@olliepudge said:
    I’m starting to doubt there will ever be a third release of EZ Drummer. I just don’t see how they could simplify it anymore than SD3. I hope I’m wrong though. Maybe they’ll come up with something!  

Maybe it would simply be a light-version of SD3 then?!? Personally I’d really like some of the improvements in SD3 when it comes to handling of windows etc, but I don’t need all the advanced drum production and mixing… that’s why I got EZ2 in the first place. So I’m a bit hesitant in crossgrading.

Cheers,
    Per

Miroslav
    Participant

TBH…if you guys want more editing options…SD3 already has them.

I think for there to be an EZD3 version that is still simpler to use than SD3, but that it has SD3-like capability…is somewhat of a contradiction.

I think people who want more editing should just bite the bullet and move over to SD3…and you will never look back at EZD once you’ve gotten a bit comfortable with SD3.
    You don’t need to dive into ALL the options of SD3 at once. It will do all of what EZD does right out of the box…and then you can dig deeper into SD3 at your own pace.
    IMO…EZD is really just a stepping-stone to SD…and for those folks who simply don’t want to go deeper, they just stay with EZD.

Nicholas Granum
    Participant

I would love to see a feature that would allow me to hide MIDI grooves- there are just so many, at this point, and I know there are certain ones I will never use.

Thanks- I love your products!

olliepudge
    Participant

@Cagecurrent said:

Maybe it would simply be a light-version of SD3 then?!? Personally I’d really like some of the improvements in SD3 when it comes to handling of windows etc, but I don’t need all the advanced drum production and mixing… that’s why I got EZ2 in the first place. So I’m a bit hesitant in crossgrading.

Cheers,
    Per  

I hear ya man. I will say though that SD3 is really not that hard to use. Too be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of SD2 and I rarely used it. Toontrack really improved the workflow in SD3. I’m no expert at mixing drums myself, but I’m getting awesome results so far.

Regarding EZD2, the main thing that always frustrated me was not being to add just a little more EQ to a snare or reverb if I wanted to. In SD3 you can load any EZX and do this with any instrument. Your getting the same sounds as EZD2, but you can tweak them just a little bit and make them sound much better without getting too deep into it. The stacking feature is amazing! You can beef up the sound of any drum just using that without even using the effects in the mixer if you don’t want to, but you will once you play with it a bit. I promise you that.

Bottom line is that if you like EZD2, you will love SD3. I too hate drum software that is confusing as hell and difficult to learn, but SD3 does not fall into that category. Hope this helps and I hope you’ll give it a shot. Good luck!

Per Burström
    Participant

@olliepudge said:

I hear ya man. I will say though that SD3 is really not that hard to use. Too be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of SD2 and I rarely used it. Toontrack really improved the workflow in SD3. I’m no expert at mixing drums myself, but I’m getting awesome results so far.

Regarding EZD2, the main thing that always frustrated me was not being to add just a little more EQ to a snare or reverb if I wanted to. In SD3 you can load any EZX and do this with any instrument. Your getting the same sounds as EZD2, but you can tweak them just a little bit and make them sound much better without getting too deep into it. The stacking feature is amazing! You can beef up the sound of any drum just using that without even using the effects in the mixer if you don’t want to, but you will once you play with it a bit. I promise you that.

Bottom line is that if you like EZD2, you will love SD3. I too hate drum software that is confusing as hell and difficult to learn, but SD3 does not fall into that category. Hope this helps and I hope you’ll give it a shot. Good luck!  

Thanks for the feedback! However, for me it’s not that I think SD3 will be too advanced and complicated, but rather that I have to pay a little too much for features I will never use (for example the advanced mixing). I’m mostly after using the best setup for me as a singer-songwriter to get the best environment to start when recording my new songs. So for example the feature to be able to record the first version directly in SD3 without using a DAW (Logic Pro X in my case) is one thing that interests me.

So for me the bottom line is simply that I think the crossgrade deal from EZD2 to SD3 could be a bit better, it’s not a lot of rebate I get.

Just to make sure, I guess I can use all my MIDI-packs from EZD2 with SD3 as well?

Thanks
    Per, Stockholm, Sweden

Scott

“So for example the feature to be able to record the first version directly in SD3 without using a DAW (Logic Pro X in my case) is one thing that interests me.”

You can record directly on the Song Track in EZD2 Standalone already. It’s not an S3 only feature.

And yes, Toontrack drum MIDI packs are compatible with both EZD2 and S3.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Richard D Squires
    Participant

I have EZ 2 and I love it but I’d love to be able to add drums if I want them and adjust the way EZ takes my Roland linear input and perhaps offset the sensitivity. The reason I haven’t upgraded is like a lot of people here the 3D soundfield which sounds cool and other features that are more for serious production environment are just not what I really need. Also I have been offput by the massive size of the library “in excess of 250 GB of raw data” I don’t want to shell out extra for the ssd. So I am waiting for SD lite to be honest that works with my existing sound packs.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.