Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZ Drummer 2 Audio Unit not available in either Logic X or Ableton Live 9

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I’m not in the studio right now or I’d post a current screenshot.
    Perhaps this Toontrack FAQ will help:

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-open-ezdrummer-in-logic/

The text and pictures in this FAQ explains how to open EZdrummer in Logic 9,
    but it works the exact same way with Superior Drummer 2,
    Beatstation or any other virtual sampler from Toontrack.

First open a new session and create a Software Instrument track.
    Please go to the channel strip on your bottom left, where among others your I/O, Inserts and Sends show.
    The track will probably open with a one of Logic’s own instruments..

Click and hold beneath the I/O button (on EVP88 in this case) to bring up a number of submenus.

Now please click to AU Instruments – Toontrack – EZdrummer – Stereo.
    EZdrummer will now be inserted in your Logic session.
    If you are to drag any MIDI files from the MIDI browser inside EZdrummer (or from Finder)
    please note that you need to drag it to the same track as EZdrummer is inserted on.

Thanked by: BernieJohn
    Joseph Hadley
    Participant

I’m having the same issue in Logic Pro. It’s not showing up in any of the menus.

Joseph Hadley
    Participant

@James Lyall said:
    Hi there,

I just bought and installed the latest version of EZ Drummer 2 but it’s not showing up in Logic X (version 10.3.2) or Ableton Live 9.7.4 as an Audio Unit plugin.

I am running the most recent version of the plugin – 2.1.4 – but it only works as a standalone or as a VST inside Ableton – I need to use it inside Logic X which only supports Audio Units.

This is really frustrating, I’ve wasted over 2 hours installing and re-installing to no avail, and detailed Google searches shed no light on the problem.

Any help with this would be much appreciated – I’ve wasted enough time faffing about already!

Cheers.  

After several Google searches, I discovered a solution that fixed the problem for me.

Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components. If you can see your plugin in the list of Audio Units, select the file and move it to the Desktop. Restart the Mac and start Logic Pro, then shut down Logic Pro and move the Audio Units which were moved to the desktop back into the HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder. Restart Logic Pro and your plugin should now appear in the Audio Units list.

Oscar
    Participant

Man, thanks so much! I’d spent HOURS trying to figure this out then found your solution.

James Ford
    Participant

Same problem with EZDrummer (1) in Logic Pro X and a mid-2018 MacBook Pro.  I found an even easier solution.  Use Toontrack Product Manager to uninstall EZDrummer.  Restart.  Use TPM to install.  Restart.  Launch Logic Pro X.  I know it’s simple, but it actually worked.

Thanked by: whittele
    Ian Johanson
    Participant

Thank you for this. I have spent days trying to get SD2 to show up in Logic X AU instruments. Got a new iMac and tried to install from discs, no go. Installed via the product manager that I assumed would put the files in the right place – it did, however it wasn’t visible in the Logic X AU instruments menu. Been trawling Google for help and finally worded the question that brought me here. I am very relieved to get it working. THANK YOU!

Eric_54
    Participant

I have abelton 10 running in windows 10. ez drummer doesn’t show up. what should I do

Jason Brown
    Participant

I am having this same issue.  Only EZmix will show up in Logic Pro X.  I also have EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Bass.  They will not show up.  Just EZmix.

I followed ALL the steps and it did not work.  I tried it several times.  No luck!

I am (unfortunately) on: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Do you have to delete the plugins out of the folder completely and move them to the desktop, or do you just make copies of the plugins and put them on the desktop, then do all of those things and then replace the ones in the plugins folder with the ones on the desktop?

Other than that, I don’t have a clue whats going on.  And I NEED to finish a project and send it off ASAP!

PLEASE HELP!!!

-J-

bovinov1488
    Participant

my ezdrummer dont play without logic pro. but it played
    ???

Dave S 2013
    Participant

Hi. Same here after updating EZD. EZD doesn’t show up on Logic 9. Removing the component solution above did not work. If I use the re-install method do the files I created stay where they are or do I have to save them somewhere first?

Also, it says to uninstall download full product installer, but that’s already installed. Thanks.

John

Hi Dave,

which exact OS version are you running?

Did you try clearing the AU cache and then reboot?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dave S 2013
    Participant

Hi John,

I upgraded to OS 10.12.6 and then upgraded EZDrummer. I cleared the AU cache but Logic 9 is still not seeing EZD. I also tried moving the component as above but that didn’t work. It does see EZKeys which was not upgraded. It still works as a standalone.

Thanks, Dave.

Dave S 2013
    Participant

Fixed, I think. Logic was opening in 32 bit mode, when I usually run Logic 9 and EZD in 64 bit. So I’ve changed Logic 9 back to 64 bit and it now recognises EZD. Perhaps the tick box got changed when I upgraded the OS. Thanks John and everyone else.

Thanked by: John
    Tristan Wallace
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue with EZ keys. I recently relocated my studio, upon start up Toontrack product manager updated my ez keys. and now I can’t open EZ keys in any of my ableton live sessions. Every time I open a session I get an error message saying; “Failed to load the audio unit EZ keys.” I’ve tried reinstalling and still no luck. Please help!

Kris Evans
    Participant

Hi – Same problem with EZD not showing up in Logic.  Unfortunately, none of the above helped.

It worked fine 4 hours ago but I had several plugins I deleted.  Fearing I accidentally killed a Logic folder required, I uninstalled and reinstalled Logic, manually deleted all the Toontrack files and folders, then re-downloaded EZD to no avail.  I’ve downloaded it several times, rebooted, reinstalled, updated and it’s still saying Logic doesn’t recognize.

Product Manager says it’s Partially installed.  The AU and AAX are not installed and will not reinstall even after re-downloading several times.  The uninstall button is grayed out saying “Uninstall not available”.  EZD standalone settings menu is showing “Not available in the standalone”.  In standalone it tells me the percussion sounds aren’t available.

I see EZD in the VST folder, but no Toontrack or EZD reference in the components folder.  Using OS 12.3.1

Any troubleshooting help is much appreciated!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.